acid reflux

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi!  I have just discovered thiis forum, and would be pleased if someone could help!  I have been suffereing from bad heartburn and acid reflux, and have been diegnozed with a hiatus hernia.  someone suggested I take a multivitamin with a probiotic but i have tried probiotics, and they make me very nosius. I have also been told that anything which contains vitamin c can make heartburn and acid reflux worse!  please could someone give me the name of a really good multivitamin which i could take and would help.  I seem to be always tired and lack energy.  Please someone help!  Val.

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am pretty sure that none of the multivitamins contain pro-biotics but they will all containg vitamin C. What you can do is take a collection of other supplements such as a  Vitamin B complex,  as well as calcium, magnesium etc. If you don't want to research the benefits of particular supplements yourself, talk to a pharmacist, or naturopath. I would talk to the latter.

• Posted

Why not just have a decent balanced diet.

What happens to excess vitamin C? It just passes through you.

• Posted

Multivitamins why ? His is a medical issue and Multivitimins will not help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.