acid reflux

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, I was just wondering if somebody could give me some advice. I have suffered from heartburn for years but only went to the doctor about a year ago. This is due to my fear of being sent for an endoscopy. Anyhow, the doctor said that I had typical symptoms of acid reflux but I did have a blood test that showed no sign of an ulcer or anything else. I was prescribed 150 mg of zantac to take daily, which worked for a whole year. It then stopped working and I tried taking two 150mg of zantac daily but even that did not work so I returned to the doctor. She said that I also had symptoms of IBS and prescribed me 20mg Omeprazole to take once daily. I have taken this for a week and I am still suffering although a bit less than what I was before. I have also been taking 75mg of zantac before bed to try and help. I am supposed to return to the doctor in 4 weeks to say how I got along. Should the Omeprazole have got rid of it completely by now or do I need to give it a few weeks. The doctor did not tell me to take the nighttime zantac but I have found that the reflux returns before bed as I take the Omeprazole in the morning.

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Me to I'm 35 and been suffering to long then It makes me wanna vomit what has helped you?

• Posted

00i actually enjoyed my endoscopy, i was so out of it on their drugs i diddnt even know it was happening smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.