Acid Reflux & Gerd driving me nuts!

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've had Acid reflux for weeks! Also, uncomfortable muscle spasms in my stomach, to the point where I have to hold my hand on my stomach to manage throughout the day!  Ugh!!!

Docs just say to take Pepcid or Prilosec...this is soooo irritating!!!

Anyone else experiencing this??

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have heard that eating yogurt regularly helps with acid reflux and GERD. I eat yogurt often and I don't get much of either of those conditions-don't know if that is why.  (get plenty of other symptoms though!  ???? 

• Posted

I love yogurt, so I will try this too! My appetite has been nonexistent lately, so I'm sure that poor eating is part of the problem as well.

Thank you for the tip!! 

• Posted

Wishin u speedy recovery from all your symptoms i pray very hard fr it to b done an over wit
  • Posted

I've also had this over the last four weeks. Ginger works for me also slippery elm as it costs the stomach lining. Been given Imeprazole and gaviscon by doctor. Prefer ginger and slippery elm much better.

• Posted

Hi Vee, I must SHOUT the benefit of figs! I read once that figs contain an enzyme that helps digestion.  I have had digestive troubles often over the years and since I read about figs I just chew on one maybe three or four times spread through the day and almost immediately I get relief.  My stomach settles and all those 'snooker balls' bashing around inside me go away. The pain in my side gets relief and goes away.  Give it a try, perhaps this won't help everyone but yes, better than tabs.  I buy the ready to eat kind from any supermarket.

• Posted

Thanks for the info Ally! I love figs, so I will be adding these to the diet!

Thanks again!

• Posted

Hello

Yes I had this and my dr put me on proto pump inhibitor which is a horribly strong med and should only be used in the very short term.

I sent to see a nutrionalist who suggested I was gluten/wheat intollerant. I was very surprised but this was confirmed by a blood test and since cutting out wheat I have had no issues. Adapting to a gluten free diet takes some perseverance but for me was worth if it lets me follow be kind to my body.

I didn't try ginger , tumeric, honey for reflex but do use it for colds. It works wonders. 

Slippery elm I did try for reflex, it helped  but was not a 100% cure in my case. 

• Posted

I never thought about food allergies or intolerability.  I'll have to look into this!

Thank you!

• Posted

I had to take ppi's because mine went on to be gastits, I initially had the stomach spasms too, the gastitis went on for some time x

• Posted

Yes! And horrible IBS. I TAKE 40 mg of prilosec every day...I get better for awhile and than it gets worse. I feel you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.