Acid reflux problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey everyone so i seen my doctor today and told him i want to get down to the bottom of this. First and for most i have general anxiety/panic disorder. So besides thoughs problems i told him whats been going on and he says its deffintley gas or reflux issues. I told him i get sometimes light headed and a little dizzy and burning/cramp feeling in the chest. Very acidy burps that thank god i cant smell and alot of gas out the other end. Also i notice when i poo alot im getting a burning sensation after im done. Doctor says thats all part of reflux issues and of course anxiety/panic issues. Anyone else with relfux deal with this and also sometimes i get rumbling in my stomach

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do a simple test on yourself . Mix half a teaspoon of baking Soda with water and drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach . Remember your school days when you used to make volcanoes by mixing baking Soda with vinegar ? This way you are mixing baking Soda with stomach acid . Watch your body’s reaction . Normal would be a burp after 2 to 3 minutes . You burp sooner , you got lots of stomach acid . I bet you are going to burp much later or not at all , so you are low on stomach acid . Repeat two or 3 days in a row to confirm the outcome . If your doc prescribes you Ppi’s , don’t take them , they will make you worse . There are natural ways of dealing with reflux , some good videos about this on YouTube by Dr. Berry and Dr Axe .
    • Posted

Also how have you dealt with your stomach acid? I’m trying to get in the fast tract diet but is there anything else you would do? Thanks. smile 

• Posted

Take digestive enzymes with your food , they help your stomach break everything down . A tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar before a meal helps , if you can’t take it straight up , dilute with a little bit of water . What really helped me is drinking kefir regularly . Kefir is a probiotic powerhouse .  If you decide to try it , only buy it unflavoured and unsweetened from the organic food section . I make it myself , it’s very easy and much cheaper .
  • Posted

Ok thank you i will try that!
    • Posted

I just read a couple of interesting articles about the correlation between reflux and Melatonin . Melatonin is produced by your brain , but in much larger quantities by your gut . It has been shown that people with reflux have a much lower Melatonin level in their guts . By supplementing Melatonin you regulate acid production in your stomach and encourage the esophageal sphincter on top of your stomach to close properly . It is not a quick fix , it may take a couple of weeks or so to be effective . 
    • Posted

Wow so that explains why ive been short of breath. Ok so what should i be taking to beat this power house?
    • Posted

What do you mean , you want to know how to make kefir ?
    • Posted

No i ment whats the best thing to take to kill this reflex/gas i was on enzymes for 2 days then stopped...
    • Posted

I have been taking enzymes with my meals for years . I also take apple cider vinegar , that also has enzymes and supports your stomach acid . Just make it part of your routine . 
    • Posted

Ok so that plus probiotics will keep a healthy stomach? Plus diet
    • Posted

If you want to go a step further , cut all grains and grain products out of your diet . 
    • Posted

Ok stomach can be healed by diet right and right things
  • Posted

Hi Brandon,

It seems like a common problem, it's a wounder the doctors don't recognise problem, I think the doctors and consultants should really be doing something about this as so many people are suffering with the same problem, hopefully they may come together to address this. Once again many thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.