Acupuncture

Posted , 8 users are following.

Having my first session of acupuncture to help with pain in neck and shoulders. Wondered if that's something anyone else has tried

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i have acupunture now for two yrs for my fibro

which hasnt got any better but some of my symptoms like the IBS anixty and depression has been helped a lot by the treatments.

i think you will bennifit from having your neck and shoulders treated but if you have fibro . be ready because sometimes you can have a lot of pain for a few days . i know when i have my back needled it always flares up and is very painful for a few days .but when it settles down you do feel an improvement.

remember thats my experience not yours it may flare it may not you just have to try it and see. to be honest for neck and shoulders i think a good chiropracter is best . once again thats what iv found.neutral

• Posted

I've never had acupuncture but my husband, who is a practical, down to earth, anti anything new- fangled type swears by it for his lower back pain. Worth a try.
  • Posted

I tried acupnucture in January and had neck and shoulders treated, this caused a 4 day flare up for me it knocked the wind out of my sails. I am now booked in to try this again but I am going to ask them to only do either one  and not both at the same time in the hope that it helps.

It was a bad start for me but I do want to give it a second chance with a view to taking it slowly at least to start with anyway.

• Posted

yes hun iv just posted a simuliar comment . it cause flares in me .but funny enough only when my back or neck is done .i have it in othere places and i am fine . starnge one.
  • Posted

Hello aural2014

I have had a lot of acupuncture over the years for different parts of the body. As far as the neck and shoulders are concerned I found it helpful but the effects did not last once the sessions were finished. Whether or not it helps in certain circumstances, like if there is a nerve entrapment I'm not sure. An acupuncturist told me that he could cure my bilateral heel spurs if I went to him every day for a few weeks. I didn't try that  but my neck has benefitted from this treatment but   it doesn't seem to last. I have been to chiropracters in the past but my neck pain was not really helped by it. I under stand that there is one bone in  the neck which if often not quite in the correct position.

Can you tell if the shoulder pain is muscular or in the bones, or both?

Does the pain vary in intensity?  Have you tried a neck collar? If you do you are not supposed to wear it for too long at a stretch but you'd have to check with your GP.

All the best

Brenda

• Posted

Agreed. I'd want to know what's going on before I spent my money. A lot of chiropractors offer cheap or free xrays with a free consult. You don't have to go again but it's a way to get a diagnosis... Unless you have insurance.

Acupuncture does not last long, agreed. Chiro, it's about finding one that will give you exercises to strengthen the area so it won't pop out of place as much. Muscles are stubborn suckers. Lol.

No treatment lasts forever, except death. You have to put in the work & educate yourself. Don't just believe what ANY professional tells you...even doctors.

• Posted

what people dont understand is that the skelton has memory so ajustments should be small and frequent .the best type of chiropractor i have found is a Mctimoney chiropracter they ajust the whole body so its aligned it will go back because of the skelton memory, but the more often its done the longer you go between treatments .

i started at twice a week , and i got it down to once every 3 months so it does work but its not a one of treatment .i only wish i could find some one as good as i had before i moved .il keep looking.smile

• Posted

Yeah. My new chiro uses a machine that draws attention to dysfunctional muscles because they just adapt to damage. Muscles are stubborn. My spine goes back like butter but muscles pull it back out the same. It IS a slow process but I am seeing results many a doctors and therapists couldn't achieve.
    • Posted

i know hun its so frustrating at how many people could be a lot healthy if only doctors would work with the body and not against it .

in 13 yrs of fibro and injurers including 3 broken ribs and awful siactica two bouts of flu and  bout of shingles a broken nose and a broken bone in my hand iv taken only 5 pain killers and that was for the siactica you can do it you just got to find ways . as i am sure you know this as we are like minded

.i used polar frost my hand silver gel for my nose along with arnica. silver liquid for my shingles and thyme and honey and rest for my flu .

if more people gave there body what it needed when ill or injured .

REST instead of trying to quick fix it with pills .more people would recover quicker and there would be less sick days taken.

people who cover up aliments like colds and upset tummys with pills then go in it to work not only infect others.

they put there bodies understrain which means it takes longer to recover , and in some people this shows in repeated illneseses. so you gain nothing . pity there was not more doctors with our out look . we all be a lot healther.

• Posted

It seems to have take a lot of the tension out of my neck and top of back so time will tell. Once the tension decreases hopefully the pain will decrease and I'll be a but more comfortable 
  • Posted

I've had quite a bit of acupuncture over many years, early on for my lower back OA....and in recent years for the mess from hip replacement with knee and foot/ankle.

It does  HELP and one needs to say committed and good if you can find a clinic or school for less costly sessions.....in the U.S. it's pretty pricey....I have found a clinic and they treat me for $30 a session for seniors.....otherwise, many charge upwaqrds of $90+ per session...

In China it's a way of life and healing....

• Posted

yes and doctors are NOT paid when you're ill!! They've got things the right way round! x
    • Posted

because in china the plan is to make you and keep you well

in this country its about making money for big drug companies and bonuses for GPS .

lets face it if we were all well .theres would be no need for doctors its in there interest to keep us sick and dependant . i know that sounds abit extreme but its true if you think about it.smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.