Acupuncture

Posted , 8 users are following.

Having my first session of acupuncture to help with pain in neck and shoulders. Wondered if that's something anyone else has tried

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Am defiantly a lot sorer today the day after the acupuncture am hoping it will go down a bit tomorrow 
    • Posted

Well, it's basically restoring the flow of energy in your body. Kind of like arteries, energy gets 'clogged' too. Believe it or not, you have healing pains. Yes, healing hurts sometimes. Your body is finally getting flow in those areas so you can imagine all the work it is doing to restore balance. Plus, toxins are being released. May I suggest an Epsom salt bath or even foot soak after your sessions? I can't imagine life without them.
    • Posted

such a helpful explanation nitro....hope you soon feel the flow and benefit arual.

nitro....i'm looking for a good source of epsom salts in the uk...can you suggest a supplier possibly please?

• Posted

my acupuntrist calls it stagnation .

the pain caused by toxins built up in your muscles

if you are unable to do much in the way of excersise

then your muscles cant move the lymph system and toxins build up

the lymph has no independant  means of working except thru excersisng the muscles and lymph drainage.

if you block the flow of a river the water pools and will stagnate

the same is said of toxins in the lymph if the lymph does not drain it stagnates.

• Posted

Thanks I work for a chemist so might get some Epsom salts and defiantly going to have a bath tonight see if that eases it
    • Posted

i wouldnt buy epsom salts myself i think there to harsh although they do relax the muscles , i prefer the mores expensive .magneisum flakes much nicer on the skin and absorbed well into the blood stream . which increases your magneisuim levals
    • Posted

Here in the US we get it at drug department stores like Walgreen's. Sometimes grocery stores even have it.

If you don't have that type of availability, I'd order some magnesium flakes online. 

• Posted

very helpful tina ...thanks for that! Great imagery....the pools and the river. I've got to get mine flowing!

Hey do we all need to be doing some stretching?

Am going to stand up and get into some reaching for the sky...anyone else?

A bit of movement mayhem !!

• Posted

ok thanks for that nitro.

will have a look x

• Posted

thats really good ,i have to order mine on line and they can afford to charge a preminum because of it.
    • Posted

My naturopath, every darn week, makes sure I'm doing freestyle stretching. EVERY week. You just contort your body all weird like you are a weirdo & hold any stretches that feel good. Man, it's a great way to wake up cause fibro mornings suck!
    • Posted

like a wierdo...tee hee that would be me !!

i used to be in a womens theatre troup called small world we were schooled by cunning stunts...which you'll note evolved from a shift of first letters !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.