Acupuncture

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just been for my third physiotherapy appointment, they have decided to give me a course of acupuncture to help with pain relief. I have had acupuncture before but not for fibromyalgia, I'm just relieved it's free and won't cost me anything. Just hope it helps, has anyone else had acupuncture and did you find it helped? Gentle hugs

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi pilipala.  Do make sure you tell your acupuncturist that you have fibro.  I went for a first consultation/treatment a week ago and mine informed me that she treats those with fibro quite differently from normal as certain acupuncture treatments can inflame the symptoms.  Not quite sure what she did differently as I've not been before but I was a little more achey the next day.
    • Posted

Hi loxie thats good advice, any treatments we go for we should remember to say to them that we have fibro take care gentle hug
    • Posted

Hi Loxie

I will tell her thank you, but I think they know as I will be seeing the CMAT team there too, but just in case, I will make sure to say. Thanks again for the advice. Take care gentle hugs.

• Posted

Hi PiliPala

I had acupuncture many years ago, and for me it didn't really help me. Give it a go a see if it works for you.

Good Luck wink x

• Posted

Thanks Bee. I will give it a go as I will try anything and everything! 

Gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi Pilipala;  yes, I agree with Loxie, I think it would be a very good idea to tell them that you have Fibro, as it probably could be a different method....I have only tried Acupuncture twice...the first time, the practitioner knotted up.the nerves in my loins, which was the reason that I had to stop nursing and started taking Gabapentin....the second time, I allowed someone of whom I trusted and knew, but after having needles inserted for about 15 mins, had to ask him to Remove them, as they Actually set off the Burning Pain in my Shoulder-blade muscles....so not for me, I'm afraid....but as has been mentioned, if there is another way specialized for Fibro, then it may help....and yes, I, too would be interested in knowing.......I know many who have had it for ME, but not for Fibro......Bron
    • Posted

Thanks Bron, I will definitely tell the physio/acupuncturist to remind them! My first session is Friday, so I will report back after that! 
    • Posted

One of the thing I did after the six weeks course was to remember the placings for the needles that worked then used my own form of acupressure on the same spots. It worked brilliantly for my back pain for a long time but I think I got the pressure points off a bit over the years so it stopped working. There is one that does still work sometimes that's on top of my head, just tried it and it worked!!! It is a strange feeling, it's like the muscles and nerves are all going aaaaaaaaaah! Try it, one finger right on the top of your head, press firmly and move the scalp in a circle but on the spot! If you get the spot right and it's the same for everyone, I don't know because I'm not trained but it could be really nice. Let me know xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.