Addicted to online shopping during menopause!!!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies.. Anyone else find themselves addicted to online shopping while going thru all this ?? I'm always dizzy or have a migraine or joints hurt , or vision blurry, or legs and arms weak weak weak.. Or nauseous ... Can't think straight to save my life.. All the busy stores and omg the lights make me physically sicker than I already am, its just not worth the time or effort anymore!!! So I find myself doing all my shopping online these days, for a while there when this first all started I use to push on thru the stores but the weakness and migraines and all the anxiety made me stop.. Anyone else feel like they're addicted to all the online shopping now and its all just too easy, I find myself buying things I do not need at all or that I cant afford, and end up returning a bunch of stuff which is another headache, I don't know, retail therapy maybe? Who knows.. Or maybe its just a way of coping and keeping my mind off all my nasty symptoms.. Anyone else????

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Walmart and Krogers delivers groceries . I have my groceries delivered all the time and have now going on two years!

• Posted

I do this too! I keep the spending part under control by allocating a certain amount. Filling my cart with all sorts of stuff, take some stuff out, add new stuff in. On payday, once I have curated and re-curated the cart, I finally purchase up the amount I've set aside. I still buy way too much stuff. But just adding things to the cart and knowing they are there for payday helps me feel like I've shopped.

We crave the dopamine our brains aren't producing reliably anymore!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.