Addicted to online shopping during menopause!!!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies.. Anyone else find themselves addicted to online shopping while going thru all this ?? I'm always dizzy or have a migraine or joints hurt , or vision blurry, or legs and arms weak weak weak.. Or nauseous ... Can't think straight to save my life.. All the busy stores and omg the lights make me physically sicker than I already am, its just not worth the time or effort anymore!!! So I find myself doing all my shopping online these days, for a while there when this first all started I use to push on thru the stores but the weakness and migraines and all the anxiety made me stop.. Anyone else feel like they're addicted to all the online shopping now and its all just too easy, I find myself buying things I do not need at all or that I cant afford, and end up returning a bunch of stuff which is another headache, I don't know, retail therapy maybe? Who knows.. Or maybe its just a way of coping and keeping my mind off all my nasty symptoms.. Anyone else????

3 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I total get the lights making you ill. Walmart is my worst store. I do all my shopping online especially the Christmas season. You could not pay me to be out there amongst the madness and stress, waiting in long lines. I feel like i am in the twilight zone

• Posted

Me too, Wal-Mart is my worst store as well.. I hear the lighting is unfiltered .. And that could be why it makes us more sensitive individuals worse.. All you have to do is google lights at Wal-Mart causing anxiety to be worse and read some of those forums they all say the same instantly sick, in the same 😃

• Posted

oh my goodness!!!! thats me!!!! I mostly been having terrible pain in my hips and down the back of my legs, anxiety and dont feel up to walking around the stores!! I just can not wait till this passes and I have my life back!! your not alone!!! prayers help me believe there is hope!!! hugs xo

• Posted

Me too lots of joint pains, want my life back too, its been a long painful ride.. I have yet to try and ride the rider shopping carts around, when I do go I just lean on my push cart for support in case I'm weak or feeling light headed or faint ..

• Posted

Same with me dear

i donot feel going to market and start doing online shopping and now i am addicted too it...i usually buy things i donot need 😭😭..wastage of money

• Posted

Me too! I like that awesome ideal a lady shared about leaving it in your cart for 3 days! Now why didn't I think of that lol

• Posted

Yes some things are a big waste of money, and then some its very convenient to get the items right to your door.. Just roll out of bed and open your boxes 😃

• Posted

Ladies WOW!!! Thanks for sharing.. It amazes me how we are all so much alike during this time..

• Posted

yes! I have learned though, to fill up my online shopping cart and leave it for three days. In three days you can go back over it, none of it is usually even valid three days later, lol! the few things that are get ordered, and then I fill my cart again, and wait three days.

• Posted

Lol. I always put stuff in my online cart too and leave it there, then I get emails telling please come back and purchase your items ha ha...then I pretty much delete them by then..

• Posted

If you leave it in your cart they'll send you a discount code. Win win. 😉

• Posted

im not addicted to online shopping but i have the past few years started buying whats needed online due to the fact im homebound from these horrible symptoms. its easier then struggling outside the home trying to get things done. grocery shopping is still a hassel i put it off til they nothing in the house basically ugh hate this crap

• Posted

Yes.. it great for that!! Never thought I would do online shopping BUT the last couple years I have just because I don't have the energy for all these petty errands.. I still do the big box (one and done) stores and that's enough for me.

• Posted

im not addicted to online shopping but i have the past few years started buying whats needed online due to the fact im homebound from these horrible symptoms. its easier then struggling outside the home trying to get things done. grocery shopping is still a hassel i put it off til they nothing in the house basically ugh hate this crap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.