Adenoma malignum

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I was just told yesterday by my OB/GYN that I more than likely have an extremely rare form of cervical cancer that isn’t detected via pap smear. It’s called Adenoma malignum. I am only 29 and am very scared. I was wondering if anyone on here has had this and what they did for it. Thanks. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh no, no, no, no, no!  Since this is the same "doctor" that prematurely told you that you probably have cancer, I suggest you get a second opinion!  Removing the cervix for cysts and cervicitis seems extreme to me!  I was a bit concerned by this doctor telling you this in the first place and upsetting you but with chronic cervicitis other treatments are available.  I've never heard of "cystic" cervicitis but many things can irritate the cervix to cause this.  Please, get a second opinion on this. 

• Posted

I’m sorry if this comes across as rude, but if you don’t know what my condition is then how can you know that there is a magical cure that multiple different doctors have missed? I have been at this for YEARS, completely suffering the entire time, and this is the only doctor who has truly wanted to see me out of pain. Every other doctor I have seen has treated me as though I’m being over dramatic when it comes to what I’m having to deal with and act like birth control is gonna solve all of my problems. I have all 7 doctors that are in the same practice working on my case out of the kindness of their hearts, and no one has been able to get the inflammation down. It may be extreme, but my symptoms are extreme (as in they are mocking late stage uterine cancer) and no one should have to suffer like this. My pelvic floor is completely destroyed due to all of the inflammation, and I can’t even THINK about doing physical therapy until the source of the problem is removed. I can continue getting “second opinions” for the rest of my days like I already have been, or I can address the problem and maybe start to get my life back. 
  • Posted

I apologize if I offended you in some way and yes I don't know your condition or how long you've been dealing with it as your initial post came off sounding as if this was something you just found out.  Perhaps if you had mentioned that your condition had been ongoing for so many years and that this final doc was your last resort, it may have seemed less dramatic that the doctor would suggest to you cancer before a biopsy or such a drastic move as removing your entire cervix.  But even then it seems that ablation or cryotherapy might be tried first.  If you haven't had any children yet, without a cervix, you may not be able to.  I'm sure you have been informed of the side affects to the fullest.  I am always on high alert when doctors just want to "cut" something out of women.  So  many women go through unnecessary surgical procedures these days for some things that don't require such drastic measures.  I seemed to have agitated you for some reason which was not my intent.  I was on your side and I wish you the best in your quest for relief.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.