Adjusting to mini monovision after cataract surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I had my second eye done. The first eye (dominant eye) is at 20/40 and the doctor tweaked the IOL for my second eye so that maybe I'd have 20/20 and an overall wider range of vision. I haven't been back to read the Snellen yet but I'm thinking better distance in the left eye has been achieved. My question is, will I get used to this? I mean will I be able to drive with just the left eye set to distance and the other at intermediate? I almost feel as though to get that crispness I would need glasses. Also, has anyone ever just worn one contact lens to perfect the vision in one eye? 

Thank you,

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Okay so this morning I'm struggling with the eye that just had surgery.....I'm not seeing well up close with it even with readers on, and the distance vision is not crisp either. My best vision remains at intermediate. I'm 5 days out since surgery on left eye, and I feel as though I was seeing better overall at 3 days out. (right eye was done March 8th and I feel my good vision is all coming from that eye)

• Posted

What kind of IOL do you have?  Is it a toric IOL because sometimes they can shift?  Check with your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.