Adrenal Cancer with Metastasis Now to Liver (Lesions) and Lungs (Nodules)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am looking for anyone who has dealt with adrenal cancer. I have some questions, but it is so rare, that most forums that I post, I receive no responses. Is there anyone on this forum who could comment on adrenal cancer? Thank you!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had breast cancer in 1998 and 2003 and two lung nodules in my lungs for about 20 years. Just recently one of them turned malignant. I had one lobe from my right lung removed. I am also being followed closely by testing because of both adrenal glands being enlarged. Also for cysts on my liver and pancreas. The lung cancer was not metastasis but a separate lung cancer. Anyway I was told by my Oncologist, when I asked how adrenal cancer is treated, he said a surgeon would remove them. Nothing to do now.

• Posted

Thank you for responding! In January of 2018 she had an adrenal tumor removed and it was cancerous. Six months after her scans showed no cancer anywhere. Now, June 2019 her recent CAT scan showed four new nodules in lung each 2mm. and two new liver lesions 10mm amd 29mm. she wont use the chemo drug for adrenal cancer as it soesmt have good success rates and gives poor quality of life. think its called mitotain. she also doesnt want surgery. im trying to find out if radiation, protom therapy, microwave ablation or cryotherapy would work or if anyone had them for secondary cancers from adrenal cancer. Would you mind telling me the size of your lung nodules?

Thanks.

• Posted

The one that was malignant was 4mm. I only had chemo and radiation therapy for my first breast cancer. The doctor said there is no treatment for my lung cancer that I need as nothing had gone to any nodes in the area. I found out there is a lot of nodes in that area to check for spread. I have never had any of the other treatments and know nothing about them. Actually a lung biopsy is not hard to go through. I had one to verify the cancer before surgery.

• Posted

I am glad to hear you are doing well!we regrouped today and have an appointment with cancer center near us to see about cyberknife for liver lesions or radioablation.

• Posted

I've just come to the conclusion that cancer is not curable and those of us being treated is just a matter of time until we die. Treatment is to give us more time, but how much is not known. It always comes back. People who celebrate survival are living in a fantasy world.

Check with the doctor on trials.

• Posted

Good luck to you all.

• Posted

Yes, we are very lucky my mom made in 18 months until a recurrence. The five year survival rates are dismal. We are just trying to give her more time - with a good quality of life. We completely understand her wish not to use chemo and surgery (and honestly both of those for adrenal cancer are not shown to work). At this point we are just trying to get rid of the metastasis new tumors that crop up and then battle the next situation. Take care and thank you so much for actually responding to me. I wish you the best of luck as well!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.