Adrenaline rushes

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies..does anyone here get adrenaline rushes..if so what is the cause and what can I do..it makes me panic..thank you..x

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte. I have this. Terrifying, isn't it? My doc explained it to me as an imbalance between your hormones and adrenalin, which is common in peri ladies. Panicking releases more adrenalin making it worse. My chest goes tight like I'm having a heart attack. You will get used to these feelings. Keep telling yourself it's normal at the moment and try to stay calm. I use distraction tactics so I'm not thinking about it when it's happening. It passes quicker then. I'm sorry I don't have a magic wand for you, but I hope this has helped. Maybe someone else out there has the solution? Meantime, all the best. Keep calm! x
  • Posted

Hi,

I had these adrenaline rushes really badly for a few months just as I was going into menopause from the peri stage. I didnt make the link between what was happening to me and hormonal changes due to this stage of life, so I was totally terrified and had no idea what was going on.

I had had some thyroid issues which seemed to have resolved themselves according to my blood test results, but I became obsessed that my thyroid was still playing up and constantly asking the Dr for more thyroid blood tests, and they were all OK.

The terrible anxiety did subside - and the relief was enormous. I am sure now that was hormonal changes, as I never had it so bad before or since, so it shouldnt last for very long and it does stop. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi hundreds

Are you in full menopause. I've been six months without a period and just when I thought it couldn't get any worse in my nine years of peri it has.

X

• Posted

Ooops sorry that should say hun.

Stupid auto correct

• Posted

Hi..I'm on hrt and it seems to happen more when coming up to period..my anxiety is through the roof...x
    • Posted

Can I ask a question please ?

I'm on HRT patches. I take progesterone tablets 14 days of the month.

When you finish the 14 days of tablets do you get your period right away and do you still get these frightened feelings just before or are you symptom free ?

• Posted

Hi Michelle I take hrt tablets 14 days.then I have a period .I get these feelings just before its awful..x
    • Posted

I have been in full menopause now for just over a year. I am getting other symptoms now - some hot flushes and very extreme tiredness which just hits suddenly, and some muscluar aches and pains, but I am not very keen on taking HRT.

I dont get the extreme panics, and they were about the worst thing really.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 54.

My muscle and joint aches are the most irritating thing I have at present. I also get TMJ - which is when youre jaw clicks and pops sometimes due to not being aligned right.  I had a whiplash injury about 16 months ago which I got over, but some of the effects are returning so I have to start up all the physiotherapy exercises again.

Joints can become stiff in menopause so I suppose its just a continual battle to keep our bodies in some sort of decent state from now on!!

• Posted

Glad to hear the panic has subsided.

I've got extreme nausea and bloat at the moment. Horrible metallic taste in my mouth. I've had this before in peri but lately I have it constantly. I can barely eat a thing. I thought I had got over this symptom but unfortunately not. It's sending my anxiety through the roof because of course I think the worst. X

Who knows I've gone six months without a period maybe I won't have another one. But I did think I would feel better having less periods but I actually feel worse. I'm so scared I will feel like this forever.

• Posted

Hi again,

I've had nausea and bloat as well - not so bad now. I'm also getting more headaches than I used to. I get tinittus quite alot recently. When I told my husband he wasnt very sympathetic because he's had it for years!

I used to get very anxious about my symptoms but now they just annoy me. 

The panic will get better, including the worry about the other symptoms. I am certain the adrenaline rushes/panic were mostly down to hormonal changes.

• Posted

Thank you so much for reply. The nausea just won't go I've tried everything. I think the more I stress about it the worse it gets. Nothing tastes right almost like being pregnant but I'm definitely not. X
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

I've been having the terrible nausea for 2 weeks. I feel constantly queezie. Is that how you feel ?

I to have the horrible taste and burning mouth back. I'm fed up with it. My tongue just tingles and burns.

I'm walking around with no energy,feel sick and a pounding headache. I like the sun but sat in it for an hour and feel worse. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this 😣

• Posted

Yes that's exactly how I feel. I'm at my wits end. I'm on Lanzaprasole but not doing a thing. I'm so bloated I can barely stand up straight. I've not had a period for six months so far. Plus the anxiety and depression and everything else peri has thrown at me. I'm not having a good time right now.

I've not had any her either.

Sending hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.