Advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I'vr recently been switchd from Citalopram to Mirtazipine. I took my first pill last night as I knew I didn't have work today. To be fair I had been drinking, but not excessively. Anyways I took it at around 2am and was asleep within 10 minutes. Then today I woke up at 6pm. I slept for 16 hours straight. And all day since then (it's not 11.30pm) I have felt very groggy and drowsy, unable to concentrate much and very tired, despite the excessive sleep I had last night. I'm worried about taking it again tonight as I am working tomorrow. I work as a waiter so obvously drowsiness and fatigue are not very good for that. I'm not working till 5pm alf the pill and take just 7.5?but given that I still feel drowsy now I'm worried this will be the same tomorrow. Can anyone advise me on what I should do? I think that maybe the alcohol contributed to the grogginess today but only somewhat. Is it likely that this will be the same again tomorrow? Should I maybe half the pill and take 7.5 instead?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. I ended up just taking the 15mg dose again. For some reason it took me ages to get to sleep though, kept tossing and turning and falling into a kind of feverish half-sleep before I fell properly asleep. Again, this morning was difficult to get up, I set alarms from 9am but only just got up at 12pm. I feel a lot better today though, still a bit groggy but nothing like I was yesterday. just need a few more coffees and I think I'll be ready to face the day
  • Posted

nah, definitely going to speak to my doctor about changing, the sedation is too much for me I think and alcohol is a habitual part of my routine - I like to chill with a glass of wine at night and unwind, and I often go out clubbing at the weekends - so don't really think it's the best drug for me. but it's tolerable until my next appointment.
    • Posted

i can understand that u have a life and dont want ur life run by mirtz. have u thought of any ADs you could try
  • Posted

well I was on cutalopram for over a year before but it stopped working for me. I'm not too sure what to try next but I will consult with my doctor and see what he thinks
    • Posted

I switched from mirtz to venlafaxine and so glad I did, nowhere near as tired and groggy through the day now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.