Advice needed 5 days post opp

Posted , 11 users are following.

I had full abdomen hysterectomy on tuesday and was discharged yesterday. I have been sent home with no aftercare and was wondering if this is normal. They told me i am back in clinic in 6 weeks and to contact my gp in the meantime. I asked who will be redressing my wound and they said it doesnt need redressing and i can remove dressing myself on tuesday. My consultant also told me he would be putting me on hrt within 1 week of surgery yet nurses told me that they wait till my follow up appointment to discuss this (in 6 weeks) I am 46 and have had everything removed including ovaries X

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi i had a Tah 9 weeks ago incision from belly button to pubic area i had very big fibroids i took was sent home like you with no after care waited a week to see a doctor before half the clips were taken out by then some had popped open others taken out about day 12 - 14 i had to see the nurse every other day tll week 6 had an infection for 2 weeks and on 2 lots of antibiotics had no follow up appointment even to now at week 9 i am back in work next week full time i have been offered no HRT but to be fair i dont really want it i take evening primrose , complex b6, magnesuim, vit d, and cod liver oil as i did and do sometimes now ache i do have some night sweats but no sadness or feel down , hope this helps in some way x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.