advice needed

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello ladies

I'm after some advice

I have been on 5 different hrt pills since July 2015 after suddenly getting severe not flushes out of the blue

All the hrt pills caused me severe headaches so the doctor gave me a anti depressant called venlaflaxine I took 1 and felt so bad with every side effect you could think of so I stopped

The doctor recommended I break the poll ion half

But I'm really dubous about taking them as I've read they're very addictive

I'm so fed up with flushes now I've been taking flaxseed, vit D and a herbal pill for menopsuse but nothing helping

Is any one taking anti dep for menopause ?

Have they helped?

What are your views ?

Thanks

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm on the 3rd one, and not helping. I was on Paxil since 2001 and felt great but it became ineffective since peri began and no relief. I'm reading hrt aren't effective for many either so I may have to apply for disability until this nightmare is over

• Posted

Thank u am very backward when comes to this an in my country apparently d drs r because they take your money an just giv u meds witout much answers am so so terribly an horribly fed up ...
    • Posted

Wendy, when did the symtoms start? What meds, if any have you tried? I was on paxil, effexor, now cymbalta. Going to my gyn doc wed for some advice and recommendations
    • Posted

Well it all started two mths ago after taking d birthcontrol. I never used any birthcontrol before wen i stop it bcuz it made me so sick dat i cod not walk after dat all the symptoms i had during dat time stayed wit me but d new one is anxiety which scares me as tho my heart was ready to giv up..i hav been on primrose an vit b an diazipsm to calm d anxiety an acid also inhalers fot the sinus...menosan wked for a wile but i sm do fed up of tabs i drink ginger an saffron tea wit cinamon sn honey it helps alot..do get d tingling an simwat numbness somtiimes had all blood wk an heart test don an am gd but bcuz of anxiety dey told me am stressed an need a psych evaluation which is nt d case..any advice
  • Posted

Hi my doctor prescribed these too for me after going into surgical menopause, after doing lots of research I decided I would not take them.Accupunture helped and so did sage but to be honest it only took the edge off of the symptoms.i became so desperate I've started hrt. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.