Advice needed....bad infestation!

Posted , 116 users are following.

Hi. So glad I found this site! I responed to another thread (how much do I not want to hear that word!) but thought I'd start a fresh one to describe my situation (hell!) and seek advice

I teach so I tend to blame the kids for the infections. I've had threadworms twice in 4 years despite being very hygenic at school. Each time they took some shifting.

My latest infestation is terrible. It started 9 weeks ago (saw worm in anus) and then realised I have been showing other symptoms but hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

I took an Ovex tablet but because you then have to do a massive clean I then took some Ovex liquid formula a week later incase I inhaled eggs in dust. I took the second Ovex at the right time. Things improved.

Into the 3rd week I took another tablet (a right pill popper I am!) just to be safe. Could I have made myself immune to the tablets?

I didn't change my diet and continued to drink quite a bit of alcohol on nights out. Lo and behold they came back with a vengeance.

I had them in my vagina and intestines (very itchy bottom). I freaked and took Ovex. 4 days later it hadn't improved so I saw my Doctor and like a fool, broke down in tears at age 30!

She couldn't work out why Ovex wasn't doing the job so she assumed it was down to my hygene on some level. I said that it was always possible that I was inhaling the eggs when dusting/hoovering etc. What a farce.

She gave me Pripsen (powder sachet). This certainly calmed them and I started to pass them (dead) BUT all the while my vagina was very sore and the discharge (sorry for the detail but it may help others!!) was 'stringy, white and worm like'.

Yes I freaked. Unsure as to whether they were dead. I assumed that Pripsen was getting rid...doing it's job. I made massive change to diet - no wine/beer, chocolate, cheese, bread. Cut down on carbs. Stopped all processed food. Bought stuff from Holland and Barrett herbal shop.

All went well until... the mucus in my nose appeared white and stringy. The flaming things had entered my nasal passages. I don't know how. I'd read on the internet that it was possible (they NEVER say this on the treatment information leaflet!). I freaked. My nose was itchy. I tried nasal spray...this was hurting my nose as there wasn't actually anything wrong per se. I continued with the cleaning and swabbing of all bodily areas.

I took another Ovex a day earlier than recommended (I could tell they were alive in my gut) and sure enough started passing dead worms in stools. Freaked again. Seriously - at this point I thought I was going insane. Couldn't sleep. Felt weak. Spending an absolute fortune on cleaning products. Started to actually throw away clothes, knickers and duvets (see, insane!!)

Okay, let me end this essay...sorry. Basically, I have one Pripsen sachet left to take on Friday but I still have stringy mucus in nose. Vagina is showing 'worm' symptoms again ...and...they are coming out of my eye discharge (not kidding!). I have no idea if they are alive as they are soo small and stringy (like the nose). Worse when I wake up in the morning. I was getting more crusty sleep in the eyes...then I had a proper look...and got a hell of a shock. Nearly vomited even though they were tiny and dead.

I am in hell. I do not know how to kill them in these areas. The internet says it's possible for them to reach these regions but offers no solutions.

I'm eating soo much fruit but I read that this could encourage. I just don't know what to do for the best. I am exhausted - I can't sleep, have rings under eyes, my hands are soo sore and fingers look like I've been in the bath for a month. I won't have friends over and they have noticed 'I'm ill'. School starts tomorrow and I am dreading it.

Sorry for the ramblings but I wanted to be honest and give a complete picture!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?

Anyone ever had the discharge in the eyes, nose, vagina (sorry guys)

I am at my wits end and soo run down with all this.

Thanks for your time.

7 likes, 206 replies

206 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Tony, Sorry to have misspelled your name. One of your replies said you were taking an Ovex every 2-3 days for ? 2 weeks. So if you are totally clear now tell me did you do the cleaning and take the Ovex? The only worry for me in taking this much of the Ovex this close together is that I wonder if they will become immune to the effects of Ovex? I have read that that is one of the problems with taking this. But I am willing to try it if it works.

My husband has them on his forehead and is in total denial that it is worms under the skin. Of course the Pumpkin Seeds only work on the ones in the intestines. At least I have convinced him to try to scrub them better to get the eggs off.

Sorry again for misspelling your name. I guess I got used to typing it that way since my sister in law was nicknamed Toni. biggrin

• Posted

Hi There anon123

Thanks for your post and the misspelling mix up.

I am reading from my notes

These are all June dates;

6th, 8th,11th,13th,16th

I did take it before but I never kept a record.

Please ask your husband to read my post, THEY ARE ALL GONE.

I also did not go to the toilet more than usual, if you understand what I am saying

Tony from the UK

• Posted

Anon123 don't go overboard with the cleaning try to relax a bit more and obviously be hygenic. Honestly sometimes I think all the madness of the cleaning makes your mental state worse!! Also I don't think taking more than the stated dose makes your worms any more immune to the medicine. In fact if you read the information leaflet for other types of worms, it is advised to take the ovex twice a day for 3 days then repeat after 2 weeks so it's obviously okay to take this amount. In fact if I get another bad bout of these that is what I will be taking to get rid of them quicker so annoying! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Carrie

Have you not contradicted yourself in the recent post, i.e

Also I don't think taking more than the stated dose makes your worms any more immune to the medicine

or

In fact if I get another bad bout of these that is what I will be taking to get rid of them quicker so annoying!

But anyway it is good to see that we are on top of these little blighters ! ! ! !

Tony

• Posted

I don't know what you mean Tony but what I meant to say is that I would never just take just the recommended dose ie one and then another one two weeks later, doesn't work for me at all and I don't think it works for a lot of other people either. I'll not get into an argument with you though! I have way more experience of these things, far more than I care to remember.
  • Posted

Tony & Carrie1, I received my first two packets yesterday afternoon. I went online and read the recommended dosage from the FDA for roundworm. Says to take 1/100mg 2 times daily for 3 days and if not successful repeat in 7 days. The warning on the package was a little scary I certainly don't want to have a inflamed liver. I guess no wine while taking these. Lol. On the FDA site the only instances of problems were with people who took them for a long period of time.

So now I need to wait for my other two packets to start taking them. I am still digging eggs out of the hairline but I have not seen any worms around my eyes or on my skin. This is the first time in over 2 years that I have not had anal itching at night and suprisingly it started at 2:30 in the afternoon.I am still itchy and I think they are just hiding right now waiting to come out. I am so glad that I was able to get them off of my bum it too was difficult to get the eggs out of the laying spots. They left scars.

Now I am unsure whether to follow the FDA recommendations but thought that your dosage of 1 tab a day for 6 days is essentially the same and I really want to be rid of them for good. Previous doses would seem to be successful but after 10 days to 2 weeks they would be back. I wish someone else would respond and let us know if dosing with Ovex got rid of them for good.

• Posted

God I have never read the warning on the leaflet. My doctor just handed it out to me, didn't even ask how many doses I had taken myself! To be perfectly honest ANON123 I think you are suffering from a different worm than me so I would take the FDA recommended dose. I don't think there is any way of knowing if they will be gone for good, I've certainly had more than one bout of worms in my lifetime. I think reinfection is very common but you might be lucky. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi There people

I think that the word is in anon123's 3rd line, which reads;

"I went online and read the recommended dosage from the FDA for roundworm."

I have been taking Ovex for threadworm, if they are the same then I stand corrected.

• Posted

Tony, I have not had a diagnosis from anyone since I have been unsuccessful in getting a lab to see what I see. I have seen them numerous times on tissue. The worms I have different stages and many forms. I guess it depends on how long you have them as to how different they are. When very young yes they do look like a small thread almost unable to see them and totally unable to get them off of anything without them dissolving. I have researched parasitic worms online and from what I see I think I must have a roundworm of some kind. There is nothing online that is totally like what I have seen. The worst is when the larvae are small they connect together and travel like a small snake. At that stage each are very small but connected I have experienced them up to 3". They are able to burrow into the layers of skin and start laying. When they hatch as larvae again they back out of their burrows and return to the rectum/intesines. I did not have access to anything but the liquid medication. I was dumbfounded that I could have anything like this. They did not like what the liquid medicine did so they came out to lay. I would say after reading some of the information online that I had an infestation. I will not go through what I did after finally going to doctors to have myself treated again. So when I looked up the FDA dosage reccomendations I looked for one that fit quantity wise what you were taking. Especially since you have had no bad reaction. I don't know which dose is right but since I am getting my spouse to take a dose too I want to be safe. These things seem to know when you are fighting them I think they go into super lay mode to save themselves! It is very early to pronounce that you are totally over them but I hope so because this is terrible. The eggs will continue to hatch for 14-21days and so you will need to be on top of how you feel and jump right on killing them again. One thing though I noticed that after killing them the next bunch seem to develop the egg pouch when they are much younger.
  • Posted

Anon 123 how can you see all these things ie the worms with an egg pouch? I have had worms loads of times and while I could see them when I was a child (pinworms) I find it hard to see any when I get them as an adult. The only time I have seen them is one time when I took Mebendazole and I saw one in the toilet bowl probably trying to escape from the medication lol
  • Posted

Also what they call threadworm in the UK is pinworms in the US
  • Posted

Hi to anyone suffering from threadworms,

I have had them for years now and caught them from my children who probably got them from nursery. I gave them ovex which pretty much killed off the worms after two doses. Mine kept coming back, usually more so in winter. Just this year I have started trying more natural treatments. There is a lot of info. online about Papaya seeds and worth reading. I just scoop out the Papaya seeds and keep in fridge. Every morning i take a teaspoon on a empty stomach and this seems to kill them off. I'm sure this is something that I will need to keep doing for at least a few months before it gets rid of them completely. A little bit of garlic infused olive oil in ears to get rid of them there and seems to help sinuses too. Also take a iron supplement, I think the worms must drain the bodys supplies of iron and other vitamins, making you more prone to tiredness. They are a very real problem and have driven me completely mad trying to get rid of them. Papaya seeds are the only thing that has worked properly so far.

• Posted

Ok. I don't know what I have. But when I am really itchy I can scrub them off my bottom near my anus with some eggs. Mostly I don't get but one or two lately but I used to get many more.As I said they are much smaller now. All it takes is one laying eggs to become infested again. I do not think pinworms come out and lay they do come out but I am not sure what could cause such itching if they are not doing something. I have seen pictures of pinworms in a hugh clump in the colon. I really don't think that is what I have. You wrote me a message that Pinworms are roundworms. I think the first time I suspected that I had something was when I had a barium enema before my first Colonoscopy. My doctor did not tell me I had worms and when I did definitely suspect I had something like that the gastroenterologist would not treat me for them, he refused to treat anyone for worms. I did have a leaking colon and all the associated problems from that. These problems with worms make them something that the medical community should get into!! These worms can plant their egg pouch in the skin and when it starts hatching later a large round, raised place occurs and it is painful, especially when they start to hatch. At least that is what happened to me during the worst part of this before I took Albenza twice. I am determined to rid our lives of these things and if I have them and my husband has them I know other people must and just not admit it. And I do think these can get attached to your skin from the toilet seat since I have seen them myself. I do not use a public restroom unless I just can't and I always use a seat cover of some kind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.