Advice needed....bad infestation!

Posted , 116 users are following.

Hi. So glad I found this site! I responed to another thread (how much do I not want to hear that word!) but thought I'd start a fresh one to describe my situation (hell!) and seek advice

I teach so I tend to blame the kids for the infections. I've had threadworms twice in 4 years despite being very hygenic at school. Each time they took some shifting.

My latest infestation is terrible. It started 9 weeks ago (saw worm in anus) and then realised I have been showing other symptoms but hadn't put 2 and 2 together.

I took an Ovex tablet but because you then have to do a massive clean I then took some Ovex liquid formula a week later incase I inhaled eggs in dust. I took the second Ovex at the right time. Things improved.

Into the 3rd week I took another tablet (a right pill popper I am!) just to be safe. Could I have made myself immune to the tablets?

I didn't change my diet and continued to drink quite a bit of alcohol on nights out. Lo and behold they came back with a vengeance.

I had them in my vagina and intestines (very itchy bottom). I freaked and took Ovex. 4 days later it hadn't improved so I saw my Doctor and like a fool, broke down in tears at age 30!

She couldn't work out why Ovex wasn't doing the job so she assumed it was down to my hygene on some level. I said that it was always possible that I was inhaling the eggs when dusting/hoovering etc. What a farce.

She gave me Pripsen (powder sachet). This certainly calmed them and I started to pass them (dead) BUT all the while my vagina was very sore and the discharge (sorry for the detail but it may help others!!) was 'stringy, white and worm like'.

Yes I freaked. Unsure as to whether they were dead. I assumed that Pripsen was getting rid...doing it's job. I made massive change to diet - no wine/beer, chocolate, cheese, bread. Cut down on carbs. Stopped all processed food. Bought stuff from Holland and Barrett herbal shop.

All went well until... the mucus in my nose appeared white and stringy. The flaming things had entered my nasal passages. I don't know how. I'd read on the internet that it was possible (they NEVER say this on the treatment information leaflet!). I freaked. My nose was itchy. I tried nasal spray...this was hurting my nose as there wasn't actually anything wrong per se. I continued with the cleaning and swabbing of all bodily areas.

I took another Ovex a day earlier than recommended (I could tell they were alive in my gut) and sure enough started passing dead worms in stools. Freaked again. Seriously - at this point I thought I was going insane. Couldn't sleep. Felt weak. Spending an absolute fortune on cleaning products. Started to actually throw away clothes, knickers and duvets (see, insane!!)

Okay, let me end this essay...sorry. Basically, I have one Pripsen sachet left to take on Friday but I still have stringy mucus in nose. Vagina is showing 'worm' symptoms again ...and...they are coming out of my eye discharge (not kidding!). I have no idea if they are alive as they are soo small and stringy (like the nose). Worse when I wake up in the morning. I was getting more crusty sleep in the eyes...then I had a proper look...and got a hell of a shock. Nearly vomited even though they were tiny and dead.

I am in hell. I do not know how to kill them in these areas. The internet says it's possible for them to reach these regions but offers no solutions.

I'm eating soo much fruit but I read that this could encourage. I just don't know what to do for the best. I am exhausted - I can't sleep, have rings under eyes, my hands are soo sore and fingers look like I've been in the bath for a month. I won't have friends over and they have noticed 'I'm ill'. School starts tomorrow and I am dreading it.

Sorry for the ramblings but I wanted to be honest and give a complete picture!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE?

Anyone ever had the discharge in the eyes, nose, vagina (sorry guys)

I am at my wits end and soo run down with all this.

Thanks for your time.

7 likes, 206 replies

206 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi There Carrie

Nice to chat with you, it looks like this thread has been hijacked by somebody else talking about something else not related, so I have adjusted my mail settings.

Shame really because I would have loved to carry on chatting with you.

I am sure if you do a Google search, you may or may not find me, if you do ping me a line something we both understand.

Bye Carrie

Regards

Tony

• Posted

Hi Tony/Carrie,

I'm not sure what you mean hijacked but am wondering if it is because the original post that started this thread is appearing at the top of this second page? This will change in the future. Also, there is a bug where: when the reply count gets to 20 and the thread goes to the second page you can "lose" previous comments until reply 21 is posted. This will be fixed with an update this week. The other feature coming soon is a Private Messaging facility so you can talk directly that way and swap email addresses if you want.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Emis moderator

• Posted

Thanks Emis I was wondering about the hijacking, didn't understand what Tony meant. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
  • Posted

Toni from Uk and Carrie 1-I tried to buy Ovex from Chemist Direct but they would not ship to the US. The doctors here have determined that this medication is by prescription only. But won't prescribe it unless they get a positive lab report. Hahaha. See I'm laughing, but it is not funny. The only thing we have over the counter is not effective at all. I did go ahead and order the 90 Tablet bottle of "Ovex" on Amazon. I sure hope it is not a joke. I found that using a folded piece of toilet tissue doused with Witch Hazel helps rub the eggs off my face. So I have been doing that as many times a day as I need it and washing my face with very warm water and baby shampoo around my eyes. It does seem to be helping. The really red places on my forehead near veins (cute) are under control, not healed but getting there. They do like to be near veins to lay. Once one of the little devils lays under the skin it is miserable. I am praying that they are not able to travel to my brain. I am continuing the eye drops but every time I think they are gone I get another hatching. I am trying to be really tuned in to them and dig them out of the corners as soon as they hatch.
  • Posted

Anon123 I hope the Ovex you ordered is the right one as I have always just ordered from the chemist/doctor. I can't believe it's prescription only in the US as I could go and buy as many packets as I want over here thank God!!! Good luck
  • Posted

Anon123 I don't think you did order the right one it doesn't come in packs of 90. There is another medication Ovex but it's for women's menopausal symptoms etc. I think you will have to order from e bay or somewhere you need to look for Ovex "Mebendazole"
  • Posted

Hi There

Its me and ( as Arnie says ) I'M BACK ! ! !

First of all I must say a big thanks to Emis and the email.

Right onwards and upwards

Earlier on I posted some links on this thread ( sorry mods, I will not do it again )

They were both links that sold Ovex, you decide if you want the U.K version or the US version.

I would not buy from an online drug Company, there is one in particular that has so much spyware, trojans etc its a wonder why they have not been shut down, for obvious reasons I can not name them, but I think the mods might give me some room to manoeuvre here the name begins with a C . . . . . . n P . . . . . y and ends with that.

Anyway my problem has now gone, my last tablet is on Saturday.

Emis, I await the "Private Messaging facility " with trepidation.

I will be using it

Tony from UK

• Posted

Hi Tony good to have you back and glad the meds are working!
  • Posted

Toni fron UK and Carrie 1: I did cancel the order I had placed with Amazon it was a menopausal med. Lol! I placed an order for Ovex Family Pack through Ebay and it was accepted. Waiting for the delivery. Looked like it transferred to the UK for placing the order. I just hope I get it soon. Thanks again.
  • Posted

Good stuff. Make sure when you take the tablets, you take it with a fatty meal apparently the body absorbs it much better this way and gives you a quicker result. Good luck and do tell us how it goes!!
  • Posted

Thanks Carrie1 and Toni from Uk, It is so nice to have someone to talk to that knows how hard it is to get rid of these critters.I am still wondering how we both contracted them. If they are so prevelent in the UK I can't help but think they are everywhere. It would be nice to know if someone is studying these things.

Both of us are going to be taking the Ovex so I will make sure we take them at night as that seems to be the most fatty meal for us.

I am debating about the dosage though since the Pumpkin Seeds seem to be controlling them somewhat. But I want to totally get rid of them once and for all. I intend to continue washing the bed linens daily, vaccumning, dusting etc. So I was thinking maybe 1 a week for 4 weeks each. I only ordered two packets and now I wish I had ordered more.

Toni I hope you have been successful with your dosage?

• Posted

Hi There

Its me again.

To give you an update, possibly directed to anon123, I posted earlier about my doasge, I am happy to report that I am alive and well and the dosage as described went well and as in the words of Roger Daltry . . . . . . . . "I'M FREE"

By the way anon123 its Tony with a y at the end

toni I believe is a girls name and the last that I looked I was not that !!!!

• Posted

Hi Emis

What news on the pm facility?

Regards

Tony

• Posted

Hi Tony,

It should have actually gone live by now but they ran into technical difficulties. I am hoping it will be live either today or tomorrow but can't say for sure. Keep an eye out, when it goes live there will be a "Message" box under users' names in the left column. Once I hear for sure I will be posting in various threads through the site to let people know.

Alan

• Posted

Hi There Alan

Thanks for the heads up.

I will soon be able to put some skin on my old bones, see my avatar.

Regards

Tony

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.