Advice needed please

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. I'm now 11 weeks post op from rectocele repair this week. I really need some advice and wondered if anyone else had the same. Since having my op my husband and I have had sex twice and both times its been agony, the last time was last week and I ended up curled up on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out because I was so sore?? Has anyone else had this? Xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Mrsg85, I'm at 12 weeks post A&P repair and we've only had sexton twice, botherwise times I was sore. I now have thrush and I can't be sure it wasn't that that caused it.

• Posted

It's so painful I can't do it anymore ?? hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Hello. Have you had a post op check with your consultant? Unfortunately occasionally the surgery causes the vagina to tighten but as the wall is muscle it does expand. Another cause could be because you have sutures that haven't as yet completely dissolved or they have left a raw area that has yet to heal completely. This is why I asked about your post op check, the consultant may have mentioned something about the sutures. 

• Posted

No I haven't had my check yet. I got my appointment today and it's the 28th September so I've got a while yet. I did have a check at 8 weeks with the doctor and she said all my stitches had dissolved. Xx

• Posted

So if things haven't improved by the time you go for your appointment (and they probably will) you'll have the opportunity to discuss it. Leave it for another week and try again......it is a common problem x

• Posted

That sounds awful.  I think if you used lots of lube and it hurt that much, you should talk to your doctor.  
    • Posted

We did use it and it doesn't seem to change anything still painful x

• Posted

Oh that's horrible. I do hope things improve for you. I am almost 13 wks and we haven't attempted it as I've been quite sore and at my 9wj check they said I was still raw at top so to avoid for a couple more weeks. But I'm scared to try it out. I'm back at hospital on Friday and I know they'll ask if I've done it yet. X

• Posted

I don't know if this will help, but I don't think it could hurt.... You could go to YouTube and look for a video on pelvic floor relaxation exercises.  I havent seen any of them but I recognized Michelle Kenways name so there are at least some done by pelvic floor physios that should be good.  The videos  should just be breathing and relaxation exercises.  If your pelvic floor is in spasm it can cause a lot of pain during sex and apparently pelvic floor  surgery can cause your pelvic floor to go into spasm.

they can also send you to physio if that is what is going on.  I had that problem pre-op and went to physio for it.  I still have it, though it isn't as bad now.

• Posted

Hi mrsg,

I must admit first time was a little uncomfortable, mainly at the back wall where posterior stitching was, really still sensitive in that area.

Been on a course of vagifem, everything feels a lot more moist as soft tissue should and a lot less like dry scar tissue; I believe that the vagifem helps along with loads of KYGEL.

Hope it all sorts itself out soon, ask your GP if he/she thinks vagifem might help or if there is anything else that might help! I know that at my 12 week post op that they asked if we had resumed penetrative sex as this is a sign if surgery has healed!

Phyl x☺💖

• Posted

Hello phyl. Hope you are ok, you've been quiet lately so hope you aren't working too hard x

• Posted

Hi Matron,

Just depressed after being on holiday and coming back to dark dingy days; took a bad throat infection, glands up and old damaged ligaments on my feet going tight could hardly walk. What is it with viruses that they seem to attack any weaknesses in our bodies.

Work has been looking after me and getting a chair for me to sit while quiet at selfscan. Glad the football's finished, less cases of beer going through. Just been covering my 2 x 5 hours contract shifts and not doing any overtime.

Still resting lots between chores, and being very very careful to avoid anything to heavy.

Found a forum called 'garden tags' following all the great gardeners, missing being able to to do the heavy stuff; hubby says just ask and he'll do it, but it takes him forever he's just not quick enough at getting round to doing things and by then I'm not in mood!

Anyhow repair feels much stronger and even managing a full lightweight bag of shopping. Everything getting easier and less and less discomfort, so all good!

As for the forum, mainly letting the newbies get on with it. They are forming their own networks of followers and supporting each other fairly well. Popping in now and again.

Glad to see you popping up now and again. Hope you are keeping well and not depressed at leaving Italy behind!

Phyl x?????

• Posted

Oh sorry you've not been well. Viruses are a nightmare and like you say just attack vulnerable parts of the body. I always feel down when I get home from the sunshine. Phyl you have so much knowledge and experience now please share and offer your wonderful advice. I'm busy packing for the move and I'll be without wifi for about 4 days until they reconnect us. Take care and keep in touch x

• Posted

I don't mind offering my own experience when someone's had similar repairs but really haven't any experience of the mesh or sling repairs and really don't feel I have enough knowledge to comment.

Getting now that can't remember what stage I was at on particular post op weeks. But don't mind commenting when I feel I can offer support.

It was such a busy forum around the time I had my op and quite a few of the ladies who had their ops around the same time were all very supportive, we all hot along so well and they were all lovely. I think that's when we need the most support in the early weeks. It was great having each other.

It is also good to see and hear the newer ones all supporting each other in the same way. I think as we all gradually get better we naturally move on and are on the forum less and less. But still good too pop in now and again.

Will keep pop in and out over next few days, hope you move goes smoothly and you settle in quickly.

Phyllis x???

• Posted

Hi. I am nearly 11 weeks post rectocele repair.i had my hospital follow up last week and very pleased to be told it's healing well.  And good support. IT has been a very up and down journey at times but in the last week feel good and back to work next week. We have had sex 3 times, the second time I was sore, almost grazed. The next time was in the morning and much better maybe because had been laying down all night. I still feel swollen at the end of some days. Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.