Advice needed please

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. I'm now 11 weeks post op from rectocele repair this week. I really need some advice and wondered if anyone else had the same. Since having my op my husband and I have had sex twice and both times its been agony, the last time was last week and I ended up curled up on the bathroom floor crying my eyes out because I was so sore?? Has anyone else had this? Xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 12 week's a&p repair like you I found after attempting sex at 10 weeks it was so painful we.didnt even have full sex ,I have had a check up but possibly have a problem with my bowels so have been told to put my sex life on hold, I'm finding it very frustrating as I didn't realise how long it takes to heal, I can't even get back to work as I'm inmmm a busy heavy job ,I'm back nxt month at hospital but I feel I'm taking 1 step forward and 2 back xx

• Posted

I am new as of today for this forum but I searched it out because I have rectocele surgery dsy after tomorrow. I am so worried after reading everyones horror stories of pain with intercourse. Is the pain because you are smaller, or dry, or raw, or not healed yet? I was told I will have a v cut in my vagunal wall to aid in comfortable sex. #worriednow
    • Posted

terrie there are lots of positive stories on here so please don't worry. Ladies are more likely to post if they aren't having a good experience because they are looking for advice and reassurance.

• Posted

Hello terrie. I have taken some advice from a Urogynaecologist friend regarding the V cut and it's as I thought, a small cut to fashion the vagina to make sex more comfortable (and satisfying ??). I didn't have any problems following my rectocele and cystocele repairs and there's no reason why you won't particularly as your surgeon is taking time to ensure you don't have problems. Have faith in him and remain positive. Good luck for tomorrow and let us all know how you get on x

• Posted

have you ever had a baby? is the pain like that?
    • Posted

Try not to worry too much we are all different and a lot of ladies on here are enjoying sex again after this operation xx
    • Posted

Please don't worry because of what I have written it might just be because I haven't healed yet. Everything else has been amazing I can finally go to the toilet which after 9 years is amazing lol. Please don't worry Im sure you'll be absolutely fine xxx

• Posted

The the pain isn't like having a baby because labour pain is due to contractions and around the lower abdomen, pain from prolapse repair is in the vaginal area and due to any swelling it's uncomfortable to sit down at first. Some ladies use ice packs, others a cushion to relieve the swelling and discomfort. Sitting with your feet up helps or resting in bed for the first week but making sure you have a little walk around the house every hour. I always say "listen to your body".

• Posted

i wonder if anyone will get notifications on this thread as quiet a fee years old, i am filling myself with dread P&A 4 weeks post op o think its failed i can see a bulge and standing feels like its about to all fall out again! this sort of stopped a week ago now returned wonder if i have ruined it by doing to much 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.