Advice needed pls

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello guys, ive been taking orlistat since June 10th 2016 and ive lost nearly 80lbs which im over the moon abt,

The only thing that is worrying me is the doc said these are my last lots of medication and im so so worried all the weight will come back,

To be honest i do exercise alot and ovcourse eat very sensibly which i will never change,

Is there anyone that can advice me that has been in a similar position,

Will be so grateful x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi so hun

Glad they working for you

Iv been on them since Dec n I'm loosing 1.2 lb a week not much but it's coming off sorry to here doctor taken you off the tablets but I'm shore you can but them over the counter if you Google it should tell you I'm only taken them to help me loose 11lb as I'm having gastro band op but good luck with them your do great xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying, yes ill have to check from the pharmacy or online and good luck on ur opp, let me know how u get on wen everything is done xxxx
    • Posted

Hi thank you for replying,

Which website did u buy the tabs from?

thank you

• Posted

Hi somia i have been using these since oct 2016 and have not yet lost much weight could you send me your eating plan please so i can get some advice from you x o and well done x

thanks lisa

• Posted

Hello Lisa thank you,

yes sure glad to give u my eating plan,

for breakfast its shreddies and piece of fruit

Morning Snack low fat yogurt for lunch i have wholemeal bread cucumber sandwich, sometimes with tomatoes or wteva veg u prefer, low fat spread with snackajacks

If im hungry i eat 1-2 jaffa cakes snack

And dinner alot of veggies fish/chicken etc on every other day,

I personally think anything in moderation is ok despite the 100g rule,

I have noticed to be fair exercise has played a HUGE role in my weighloss, i do Zumba, Stationary bike and walking,

I really thought these tablets wont work bcuz im underactive thyroid since birth but thank God they have,

If u get stuck let me know xxx

xxxxx

• Posted

Oh and i forgot drink loadzzzz of water xoxoxox
  • Posted

Firstly - congratulations on losing that amount of weigh...thats fantastic!

Has the Dr explained why they're your last lot? Have you explained your fears?

I would imagine they assume that you no longer need them but by continuing to eat & exercise as you have they wouldn't expect you to regain the weight but maintain it.

The fear you feel is completely understandable but may be unfounded. Could you try for a couple if months perhaps & then if you find you do put some back on you could go back to your Dr? Xx

• Posted

Hey cath,thank you so much,

When i started on orlistat last year in June, i was 16st13lbs and my Bmi was abt 43-45ish, im 5,1 and i was very obese,

Now im 11st6lbs and Bmi is 29-30, hes said the reason it will be my last supply bcuz im so close to my goel weight,

2b honest i wanted to carry on with them bcuz then atleast i would have reached my Goal and toom it from there,

Ovcourse my eating and exercise will continue,

its just terrifies me to think abt the old me,

Im gna make a doc opp tmorrw and see if he can let me have some if not then either ill buy online or just see how it goes with the same amount of exercise and calories xxxx

• Posted

Hi hun, I think I understand his point of view...but I understand yours too. He feels that you're almost at the right BMI & rather than allow you to reach it with them he wants you to do it yourself, but I reckon I'd feel the same as you. Not sure I'll get to that stage as my BMI was 71 3 weeks ago & to get it to the healthy range is going to take some time! Though saying that I'm being referred for gastric surgery but I'm not getting my hopes up cos its a lengthy process even if I'm selected.

You can buy Alli over the counter which is half the strength we get on prescription & you can get it online, in pharmacies & places like Holland & Barrett plus they tend to have offers at this time of year so compare prices to get the best deal lol.

If you want prescription strength Boots is the place to go. Speak to a pharmacist & they can let you have the strong stuff by signing you up to diet plan with them BUT it is very expensive - about £70 a month from memory.

How have you tackled the cravings? Xx

• Posted

Hey bab, yeah ill see what he sais and then take it from there i guess xx

Bless ya bab we all start thinking its impossible but hang in there and even with little exercise its gna make a massive difference till u get selected for surgery,

As for cravings i started in June which was summerish and with young kids i thought ill never be able to resist icecream etc plus the 6wkx holidays were looming and was so anxious but trust me when u get ur mind sets to "you can do this" food doesnt matter anymore,

Im not saying i havnt had bad days.. i have but u immidiately start to get bk on track plus the best reason is wen u see the difference urslf and u think omg !!!! Lol

• Posted

80lb is an amazing weigh loss well done. Does anyone else find it suppress your appetite? I'm never as hungry now and only been on it a week, I'm sticking to low fat and exercising so hoping to see a good result on scale tommorow

• Posted

You'll be fine and im sure ull get good results,

Exercise Does really help and before u know it the weight will be gone xoxox

• Posted

I've a lot to loose want it gone this year, did you find it suppressed your appetite?

• Posted

Im sure ur gna reach ur goals in no time😁

Yeah it indeed suppressed my appetite x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.