Advice needed x

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Just need to get this off my chest ..

Had a look down there today for the first time in a week or so and I'm freaking out. The fusing has got worse at the top of the vaginal opening. My vaginal opening is less than an inch in length and about 2cm in width. It's got worse since the last time I looked and I'm not due back to see the gyn until 25th April and my docs is no help. They just tell me there’s nothing they can do and just wait to see the gyn. This isn’t helping I’m only 21 and I can’t even have sex with my boyfriend anymore?? Depressing me

Any advice/support welcome, I know there’s not much you can say just nice to get off my chest to fellow sufferers who understand.

Molly x

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi Mollymadx, I am a male who has been dealing with my own LS for almost 8 years. I am really sorry for the level of symptoms you are experiencing at the age you are.

    I am sure some of the wonderful Ladies on here will reply to you soon. In the mean time it might help if you can detail what treatment you have been on since you were diagnosed with LS?

    Also, are you aware of the critical role of diet, and the need to supplement an appropriate diet with Vitamin and Mineral supplements?

    Also, are you aware of the extensive, academic based advice that Nancy KB has posted on here?

    Another really good practical set of advice was posted by Starlight8 some 8 months ago - it is really worth reading carefully and try and do as much to help with the symptoms you are suffering. I will post the web address to Starlight8's posting - it is on this site, as it was an response to what someone else had posted you may need to scroll down to see what Starlight8 stated .....



    Best of Luck ......

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Molly,

    Didn't you say in another post that you have been prescribed Dermovate? Is that not doing anything for you to slow the fusing? I know the medical system is different in the UK than the US, but could you possibly call the specialist's office, explain your age, what is happening to you re fusing despite using the steroid and ask if you could possibly get in sooner on an emergency basis?

    In the meantime there are the soaks which I would try. They can't hurt and may relive the itch. If it doesn't try an over the counter antihistamine. That works for some people.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up