advice on young adults (22) having bunion and bunionette surgery:(

Posted , 9 users are following.

Im 22 and due to have my right foot operated on, on the big toe and the little toe. Im a support worker so always on the go and i enjoy going to the gym so im gonna be pretty bored stuck in my upstairs flatsad. Im not quite sure what procedure im having as i didnt really understand all the mediacal jargon used when i was told. My left foot is begining to get more worse too but few months ago didn't seem to bother me, so might have to go through this all again.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you don't mind my saying this, Philippa, but when I saw the photo you kindly uploaded, I thought I had misread your text and you were post op. Your feet look very good, although perhaps they are very painful.
    • Posted

Yeah they don't look as bad as ones if seen, but the pain in horrendous even socks or bed quilt on it hurts. And just general walking is hard work.
    • Posted

I am sorry to hear the pain so bad, hopefully your feet will feel better after the op. All the best.
    • Posted

Phillippa, I've been thinking about your feet, and maybe it's not bunions but nerve damage!...you may not have to have them removed as your feet look perfect to me!....I don't know if you have Advil tablets over there, we buy them in the supermarkets here and the chemist (Pharmacy) stores, they kill pain like no other tablet. Take care, I do hope you are out of pain soon, elevate as much as possible, that always helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.