Advice pleas?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im currently on 112mg of venlafaxine. Its a powerful psycho active drug so any gp who prescribes it shd warn users of the severe withdrawal if they miss 1 tablet esp. Xr. Users have to b told they will have to stick to a very strict medicine regime. Im pretty chaotic part of my personality and i can miss so a better 1 4 me wd b.ones that stay in system longer to avoid the evil withdrawal

Im thinking of coming off 4 good in fact im coming off them 4 good as the side effects. My hair over the last few years totally awful thin n wiry totally changed texture and i feel withdrawn not anxious in fact just no motivAtion. Im currently on 112. How do u do the 10% taper? Don't u just cut it by 37.5.. E.g i.start taking 75 from 112? Help. Im aware of the wirhdrawal and the brain has to get used to sode

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi.

I know whst youre going through.

I was on 225 and am FINALLY down to 37.5. I would like to get off completely but i cannot handle the withdrawal symptoms. I tried every other day.... no thank you.

Hope things work out for you.

Know that you're not alone.

Email if u want -

Amanda

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

Youre not alone. Ive been tapering down for a few months now. 225mg to 37.5. Tried taking 1 every other day. The withdrawl symptoms are insane.

Worst thing ever to come off of.

• Posted

You've done really well to get down from 225mg. Ive reducing from 112mg to 75mg right now and will stay on 75 for a month or so brain needs to adjust 2 the cut which needs time. What r they going on about tho this 10 pc reduce. Sorry if im thick. Tablets only come in 37.5 so that's the drop isnt it? I heard u shdnt do one day 112mg then 75mg ... How long u. Been on 37.5now u feeling ok?

• Posted

Yeh, I agree, worst thing I've ever experiensed!! I've forgot to take them, then , forgot I'd not taken them.. Awful!! Friends etc thot I was CRAZY.. I was acting So Odd, 😕blah de blah!. I'm reducing by myself as Doctors Haven't A Clue, Why ? The Drug company/s are telling them wot to do! The Chemists don't know either Not their fault either. I halved my dose after they "ran out of VFX" ! I still feel Terrible, get depressed. Keep telling myself "it's The Venlafaxine" !!! Keeps me going.. As I know it's the tablets and Not Me ! So, if you feeling bad..hold on to the thot that it's the VENLAFAXINE, Not you.. But, go to Doctor if you get really Bad feelings. Best wishes

• Posted

Hi, sorry I didn't get back sooner. I can't advise you how to reduce dose, you need Doctor's advice..that's if they know what they're doing ! I have reduced my dose because the Manufacturer/supply ran out!! Disgraceful !! Plus that and forgetting the stuff..!! I'm Sorry, but I couldn't understand your reduction as Ive been on 300mg a day for years. I've reduced dose myself 'cos of having to change to a different..Slow release..was Nitemare!! I wouldn't recommend , DIY stopping..I'm doing it as the change from IR to XL was 😓😰😨 I will be off this Mind-Control Stuff as-soon-as !! Hope you'll be Ok.. Take it slow!! Please

• Posted

Im. Waa on 112 mg. 75 plus 35mg and I've dropped to 75mg. Is that too quick???

• Posted

Sorry I missed your email..Jennie.get so many..Hope you're feeling ok ? I think it's probably too quick! Have you reduced dose already ?

• Posted

Hi yes i decided to cut from 112 to 75 as only on that dose for few months. Im currently on 75 hsve3 been now 4 2 weeks. Saw gp told her and said after 3 weeks on 75. Reduce to 35. Omg only 3 weeks its cutting to half i guess if side effects bad i can up it again but i was surprised so soon. I've been on 75 since 2009 so bit wary as ive had mAjor relapse b4 when im got nothing in system FINALLY and a get a kickback few weeks on AND im bad really. Ive heard of this. Im ok on 75 few. Bad heads but functioning normal. I actually feel in touch more with my emotions more as reason im reducing is Ive realised how withdrawn ive become on them Msybe effected me in this way ive heard of rhis too. Altho they really helped in the begining getting me off the floor. Doctors shouldn't just prescribe Venlafaxine without a strict. Lesson on the withdrawal missing 1 tablet.

• Posted

Hi, Jennie, glad you're ok. You right about the withdrawal.. Doctors don't realise how bad it can be.. I was on such a high dose then not given correct instructions about the Alternative Slow release tablets.. No warnings about Missing 1 tablet.. Etc.. Etc.. Can't wait to get off it .." Doing my head in" excuse the pun !😊 Hope you get on well and have a good result 😊

• Posted

I got a pill box so I don’t forget. I have been on 112.5 for 5 1/2 weeks. Other than some side effects that come and go. The slow real ease pills have truely helped me. 
  • Posted

Hey Jennie sorry to butt in but I’m also on 112 mg’s. Have been there for 11 weeks and some days I feel great and other days I feel real crappy. I exercise a lot so I’m wondering about going down to 75 mg’s. I also do accupuncture which makes me feel great for 2-3 days. I see my Doc next month and will discuss this with her. Have a great day. 
    • Posted

Hi, John, if you've only been taking Venlafaxine for 11 weeks, I don't think your system has had enough time to get used to it yet.. Not an expert but I know it takes a while for the meds to settle. I wouldn't recommend reducing the dose so soon. My experience of forgetting even one dose isn't nice, believe me.. !! Glad you're going to speak to your Doctor first, don't reduce by yourself.. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Irene wont reduce on my own!!!!  I started Ven in May on 37 mg’s. Boosted up to 75 in Sept and upped to 112 in Oct. have had a rough ride some days. Especially with headaches. But will give it more time. Enjoy your day
    • Posted

Hi, John, glad you being sensible. I wasn't and reduced my dose myself.. So far so good..been on it So long now I want off it..the the world ran out of my tablets.. So, not risking that again.. The slow release were not properly explained to me so I ended up overdosing on them..when my instant release.. Tablets ran out.. If Ineed any more anti deps once these are reduced more. I'll see doctor..Been a nightmare to be honest.. Best wishes..

• Posted

Hi John, today was a difficult day for me too a little sadness anxiety and headache. I was feeling so good for a week before. I have been told it’s up and down for quite a while.i don’t want to go up any higher and will stick with 112.5. I am sleeping so much better. It’s just hard to understand how it can be great one day and not the next. I too exercise 6 days a week at the gym which really helps. I go to acupuncture once a month now which is so wonderful. 
    • Posted

Hi Lynn. I really dont understand these meds either. I was on 75 mg’s of Ven for 8 yrs  and one day I felt pretty crappy so I thought they stopped working. I went to see a new Dr cause my old one retired and he immediately doubled my dosage to 150. This started me on  horrible trek for 2 plus years. And he referred to the good book. I now have a new Dr and she is really awesome. She actually cares. So I will wait this out by staying on a good diet, plenty of exercise and a little accupuncture!!!!!  Lol. Enjoy your evening. And try smiling too. 
    • Posted

John Do you ever wake up with anxiety out of the blue anymore?  After weeks on venlafaxine this seemed to stop, but woke up this am with it and feel like I need a Klonopin. Do you have a bad day after many good ones.
    • Posted

Hi Lynne. Nope I never wake up that way. I do however experience bad days after having good ones. Seems like a roller coaster at times.  Just wished it would normal out and stay there. Seems I experience brain buzz a lot though.  Oh well!!!!  Enjoy ur day. 
    • Posted

Hiya, Lynn, I do wake up with panic attacks..think it's cos I've reduced my dose and I'm trying not to panic about it.. Cos I'm sure it's because I've reduced my dose. But I think if your dose was doubled !!! That may be why.. Withdrawal and increased dose can have same effects.. The Docs don't realise the effect this Venlafaxine can have.. I am So upset because when my Instant release Tabs ran out..Gp and Chemist's weren't too bothered.. What the ****, They don't realise the Hell it can cause.. I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms after having to reduce dose (see my previous remarks if you can) I'm just releaved I know it's the Venfx that's causing it and not me.. Hope you get better soon.. Have a look into Vfx , I personally feel it's Not a very good drug..But That's My opinion only.. Others have different ! ?

• Posted

I felt much better today no anxiety waking up I guess you can have some backward days. This drug is helping me so much better than I was in June. I was on the lowest dose of zoloft  for 23 years and it worked wonders for me until last June when it stopped. It was the 4th anniversary of my daughter’s death and I broke in pieces. I am sorry venlafaxine is not helping you enough. Are you weaning off it to try another drug. How long have you been on it? I don’t want to go any higher than 112.5. Did it once work well for you. 
    • Posted

I have been on 112.5 for six weeks  I still have a few days now and then of anxiety and slight depression.

Don’t know if I should ask Doctor if I should go up to 150. What does were you on and why are you reducing your dose. How long did it take to fully kick in. Did your progress go up and down before it fully kicked in

• Posted

How are you doing John. When you have bad days what are your symptoms. Have you had a week where some days are fine and others are awful? Do you get anxiety at all? My NP said if the anxiety is frequent to move up a dose to 150 if it is occasional stay on 112.5. What does that mean.
    • Posted

Hi Lynne. When I have a bad day I just dont feel right all over. I dont get anxiety much. When I do I try breathing exercises or I medidate. Accupuncture helps me also. I do have weeks when its 50/50. Hate those. I would not go up in dosage without speaking to a Doctor. Cant play with these types of meds. I also exercise a lot. And u have to think positive!!!!!!  Enjoy your day
    • Posted

Spoke with my doctor today and went up to 150. I was feeling almost like myself again a week ago. No anxiety at all or depression. Last week it came flooding back. I have spent 5 to 6 weeks on each dose raise so I am pretty cautious about going up, and felt improvement with eac boost until last week. I excerise 1 1/2 hour’s a day and fo acupuncture once a month. I wish Purpledoberman was still here to get advice. I just felt I was going backwards after a week>

• Posted

Hi Lynne. I go see my Dr in a month’s time. She will probably up my dosage also but we’ll have to wait and see. I also work out a lot and I know that helps me. Cant wait for spring so I can ride my bike.  Dont really care for stationary biking. Enjoy your evening!!!!!
    • Posted

Hi Lynn. Just wondering if you monitor your blood pressure with each upped dosage. I have been monitoring mine and I just want to make sure that it stays normal!!!!!!’
    • Posted

I have been on 150 for 5 days. The anxiety has gotten up there again which happens when you go up. I have Klonipin when it gets bad. You are lucky not to suffer so bad with it. The gym really helps. I think my blood pressure goes up when I get nervous. My heart rate is good because I exercise most days. How are you doing?
    • Posted

Hi Lynn. Having a bit of a crappy day today. Had a real crappy sleep too. I’m presently on 112 mg’s of V and I think it might be the wrong dosage for me. I get a bit light headed and so on. Run out of energy as the day goes on. I’m a month away from seeing my Doc so I hope we can pinpoint why I’m not feeling myself. Enjoy your day!!!!
    • Posted

Maybe you could call his office and see if he can advice you a month is a long time to wait
    • Posted

I will wait to see her Lynn.  I have been going through this since Jun of 2015. What a crappy ride. Hopefully I will see this come to a good resolution. I work out a lot which is a tremendous help. I also eat well.  Spending time with family and friends is also a plus. Really hate the headaches and so on that comes with he drug. Thats why I’m thinking my dosage is wrong. I have been on it since mid Oct of 2017. 
    • Posted

Hi all. Ive been on 75mg 4 a month and in a few weeks i will reduce to 37mg. Im fine at mo had a few heads. Im ok dropping not sure what might happen as been on 75mg since 2010. I'll keep u posted. I just want to try and go without an anxiety drug after 8 years as i don't like the thought I'll b on.these Pills for next 20 year's. Doctor said ideally if patients want to.come off after a time then it's not such a bad thing. X

• Posted

Hi Jennie. I would suggest going into this reduction with an open mind. Take your time coming coming off them. And try and enjoy some exercise as well. Good luck and keep coming in here for advice or just to let us know how your doing!!!!
    • Posted

Just went back down to 112.5 after a week on 150. Way too high I felt like my body was vibrating. NP thought it was a good idea see her on Tuesday. 
    • Posted

John if you have drug sensitivity like I have, stay on the 112.5. At 150 the norenephrine kicks in and changes the whole ballgame. I was on it only a week and knew it was way to much for me. Back down to 112.5 and this is the 3rd day, Just going back down that small decrease I have discontinuous symptoms feels like I have the flu. I have decided if 112.5 doesn’t help,I will try another ssri like prosaic.
    • Posted

Hi Lynn. I dont have any drug sensitivity to any drug that I know of. I go see my Dr on the 22nd of Feb and I think I will ask to go on a different medicine. I’ve been on this dose for a little over 3 months and I spoke to a pharmacist y’day and she said I should have experienced the benefits of Ven by now. I think I will ask to try Wellbutrin. I’ve tried accupuncture, meditating, medicine and I exercise a ton. I dont know what else to do!!!  But I do know that I dont want to up my dosage to 150 mg’s!!!!! Hopefully a change of meds will work. Enjoy your day. 
    • Posted

How are you getting on John? We are having a ten inch snow storm but made it to therapy and the gym. Afternoons are allows better.
    • Posted

Hi lynn. Things are not too bad. Though I did get hurt playing hockey on monday. Wrecked my shoulder pretty good. Wont be playing for a month or more. Still have headaches and wondering if my dose of Ven is too high!!!!  Cant wait to speak with my Doc about it.  Sometimes I wonder if its worth it to take these meds!!!! Oh well. Onward and upward I say. Lol. Enjoy your afternoon!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.