advice please!

Posted , 7 users are following.

This is the end of my first week on the tablets and when I weighed myself yesterday it seems like I have lost about 4lbs, which is fine.  I have now got into the 5gm fat habit and I try to keep a check on my calories.  However, please could someone let me know what gms of carbs and sugar I am supposed to be having.   I do like sweet things!!!.   Thanks.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Never worried about carbs or sugar on MFP and never done me any harm. Of course it is better to eat natural sugar as in fruit instead of processed stuff
    • Posted

Hi Britney,  So, I don't really need to worry abut carbs etc?  The sugar I eat is mainly in fruit as I love grapes, mango and melon....probably the most sugar-filled fruit!!
    • Posted

Dawn it is MyFitnessPal. google it you can track everything you eat etc very handy tool. You can also get an App x

You put in your weight etc

• Posted

Hi there Susie, I tend to keep to the calories and below in the fat content, but always seem to drift over slightly in the carbs and sugars. If you use MFP it breaks it all down for you and works out how much you should be eating relevant to the amount of calories you intake. 

I have more of a savoury tooth but the other day really fancied something sweet - but not fruit. So I discovered I could eat meringues!! :-) To be honest never liked them before but was soooo satisfying to indulge in something so sweet. lol! ended up putting fresh strawberries and raspberries with them for a delicious dessert.

Shazzbat

• Posted

Hi Shazzbat, that dessert sounds great, just my thing!!  I do like savoury things too but they are mainly things like crisps and cheese/biscuits so I do try to steer clear of those.   Thanks
  • Posted

I have a sweet tooth and its my weakness. Im really wanting to improve overall and not just focus on my weight. I want to be fit and healthy, 6 pack would be a bonus lol

I have alot of fruit but im cutting this back and trying to opt for carrot, tomatoes and cucumber etc

ive also noticed that the fat free flavoured yogurts tend to be high in sugar so thats the next step for me to address.

if you address the fat intake and start to loose weight you may like me feel motivated to address sugar, caffeine, increase exercise bit by bit at a later date. I personally need to address the sugar need so I dont revert to chocolate when off the pills. I only want to be on them short term

good luck, 4lb loss is great.

• Posted

Hi Huskylover,  Not sure that I will achieve a 6pack look!!!

I do, also, like fruit, all sorts except bananas, but do eat mainly grapes, melon and mango - all full of natural sugars.

I have cut out the "low fat" fruit yogs and now have natural yog with grapes in the morning.   i have also stopped drinking so much coffee and now have lemon and ginger tea.    Do you eat pasta and rice at all?

• Posted

I rarely eat pasta & rice, pethaps once a wk max. I have massively reduced bread too - 1 small loaf per wk and tend to go for new potatoes, jackets or sweet potato but again not at every main meal.

ive focused on salad, casserole or homemade soup. The odd breakfast I just have homemade fresh veg/fruit juice as this is a massive vitamin boost which goes direct to my cells and gives my tummy a break from more food. If I keep busy it does satisfy me til 12. I did this today and ive got chicken casserole in oven so it'll be ready for lunch smile

I do find ive got to be extra organised with food/meals to prevent me from snacking.

it is working tho cos yesterday I came home to a flood and my ceiling on the floor - previously I would have reached for chocolate before embarking on the clear up but instead I got left over casserole out of the fridge and got on with it knowing theres a healthy meal

• Posted

I only eat a small amount of rice and pasta but feel I may have to resort to these more often as I do have limited food that I like.  I don't eat fish. meat. eggs or anything that looks like meat or has a meat sounding name (veggi saugages!!etc)  I know that I am ultra fussy but I just cannot bring myself to eat these things.  Also, I don't eat much bread or butter and I do not like anything that has sauce on it and I don't like spicy food either!!......told you I was fussy!   Feel thats is why, in the past, I have reached for the sweet things.    THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE!

• Posted

Wow thats a long list. Sounds like you will be living off salad

pethaps challenge yourself to try one thing everyday for 12 days...Apparently its the best way to change your taste buds.

hypnotherapy may help overcome the difficulty with some foods too?

• Posted

I do eat a lot of veg etc.   I don't think that I am going to be able to change after 25 years to not eating all those things!  Evan as a small child i did not like meat very much so it was no surprise when i stopped eating it altogether.   Fish was deleted a few years later!!

• Posted

I never had much of a sweet tooth up until I stopped smoking 3 months ago then I seemed to substitute it with tea or coffee and biscuits I'm not much of a tea or coffee either and now I am down to about 2 cups a week but before I came on the diet I had already substituted sugar for sweetener for them also after starting this diet I started actually eating breakfast and usually have bran flakes with skimmed milk and a light sprinkle of canderel although I know artificial sweeteners are quite bad I can't bear the thought of adding sugar to my diet and I think it sucks that low fat yoghurt is so high in sugar but I supposed it's much better than my old weakness of cake and pastry. 
    • Posted

two cups of coffee a week is not very much, is it?   I still have two first thing in the morning and another one at lunch time.  Don't have sugar, just sweetners.    As you say, sweetners are better than cakes and pastry!.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.