advice please?

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi im worried and not sure what i should do next.

ive been bleeding for around 3 months on and off  and now really causing me distress. i have had bleeding after intercouse for atleast 8 months now i thought it wasnt anything and now durning intercouse i have the most horrible pain in my lower abdominal area on both sides but now hurting with out intercouse just on my right side and is going in to my back. i have been to my doctor and said this to them i had swobs taken for any infections and all came back clear had no infections so i had a examination they said my walls look normal but im still in pain they went on to ask about contraception which i was on the depo but i was on it to stop bleeding but it didnt stop so i came off it they said bleeding is coursed by that but it was like that before but they didnt listen to me then i asked about pain and bleeding after intercouse he said take paracetamole before i have intercouse i was upset when i asked for a scan to have a look and they refused me has any one had the same experience ? and would you say its a cyst the pain is horrible my lower abdominal has swollen i have noticed but i just want to know what i need to demand for people to listen to me for more tests 

thank you for reading please help me and reply

smile x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hey Chelsea, go to a different doctor. I was going back and fore to my doctor for three years complaining of pain. I didn't have any bleeding atal. However the pain your describing is similar to mine. Mine was all along my right side and in my back. After three years of being told it was my monthly problems I finally got a scan which showed I had a 9cm all round cyst on my right ovarie. In the end I had to get the cyst and my right ovarie removed aswell as some of my left. Had this been found earlier I might not have needed so much work done. And would maybe have gotten keyhole surgery! Xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply means A lot to know people listen and I will do that hope your okay now sounds horrible All the best 

• Posted

Hi chelsea, poor you - I know what you mean about not being listened to. I am no expert at all but there sounds like there is something going on as it,s not normal to bleed like that all the time and to be in pain, you must go back to your GP and tell them you want to be sent for a scan to find out whats going on, tell them again how upset you are and you cannot continue like this, I wish I knew what these GP,s problems are in sending women for scans, I had to demand one after 3 dismissals from my GP, and when I finally did get one there it was a huge cyst over 20cms, I,m NOT saying thats what you have but you need to be checked out properly to put your mind at rest, our health is very important and when things go wrong we need reassurance and proper medical help, so go back and get proper answers. Good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi I think  you should  insist on  the scan that is the only way you will know  what happening  I wish you all the best 
  • Posted

Demand a refferral to a gynaecologist, your GP cannot legally refuse
  • Posted

Yes I agree change doc or demand a scan. Bleeding in between periods should def be checked out thoroughly surely. have had exactly the same with my docs doing anything they can to avoid referral. They always want to do things 'in house'. I referred myself privately for a gastro consultant appointment a few months back and she told me GP's avoid referring because they are measured by the government on them. My scan revealed a cyst, and now yet again despite having been to A & E and 2 letters from hospital asking my doc to refer me in to Gynae they are still trying to deal with it themselves it's ridiculous 😔
    • Posted

Hi louise, just picked up on your reply - it struck a note with me about your A and E visits, whilst waiting for my GP to finally refer me for a scan I had to go to hospital by ambulance late one night in absoloute agony until things were finally sorted out, for heavens sake it,s about time we were taken more seriously - it,s almost like we are not important enough, we are not stupid and we know when somethings wrong with our bodies - I am lucky to have been refered to an excellent gyne team but by gosh i had to fight to get there, we shouldn,t have to have this battle when we have enough to deal with, you are right it is ridiculous. x
    • Posted

Yes it's been a year nearly that I've been going to doc with these problems, and 3 visits to A&E last time was xmas night I was vomiting with the pain. They think they are saving the nhs money but they are costing it
    • Posted

Have you had any scans at all - ultrasound or transvaginal ? they pick cysts up immediatley, I did and there it was 20cm plus ovarian cyst, I was terrified but was operated on within a week and that was over a year ago and I,m still not right, its a nightmare. I had that thing growing inside me for all of the last summer and no one took me seriously, you have to fight the system and demand to get scanned, its your right x
    • Posted

Yes I had an ultrasound in Aug that found nothing so I paid for a private ct scan in nov and they found a cyst. It's less than 5cm so they wouldn't normally operate apparently but as mine is troublesome hopefully they will
    • Posted

Transvaginal is a specific type of ultrasound and the one that is recommended. Normal ultrasound does not always pick up ovarian cysts.
    • Posted

Oh right, yes you shouldn,t be suffering - no woman should, I hope they sort everything out for you soon and you feel better x
    • Posted

If your cyst is troublesome that is an indication for surgery whatever the size.
    • Posted

Yes you are right - maybe it depends on the size of the cyst with the ultrasound, mine was very big and the ultrasound picked it up immediatley, I had transvaginal scan on post op check, clear thank god and am having another one in 2 weeks, dreading it but with large cysts they like to keep checking for a while it seems, 6 monthly for a year then yearly for 2 to 3 years - maybe different hospitals do things differently, I am lucky to be looked after now but it wasn,t easy getting there in the first place x
    • Posted

They, and even the ovaries themselves also seem to manage to hide as there are a myriad of structures in the abdomen
    • Posted

Oh, makes me feel all wobbly thinking about it, I tend to look the other way when having checks, I really don,t like it - so phobic over medical things but it has to be done, glad when it,s over and done with and I can go home !
    • Posted

Thanks I will let you know - it,s 2 weeks tomorrow, ultrasound and transvaginal, and keep on at your GP and get this sorted then you can start to recover x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.