Advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

How do I get my doctor to consider a diagnosis of ME :?:

We actually have some transport again now so I have an appointment to see my GP next week to plead my case but I am worrying about how to do it.

I have constantly told him about my loooong list of aches, pains, chills, brain fog and frequent bouts of exhaustion and so far he has stuck with prescribing antidepressants and yet more blood tests for thyroid, anaemia etc, etc :vampire:

Does anyone have any advice please on the best way to plead my case?

Do I ask him outright for a referral ....... I am worried he might think I am telling him how to do his job ....... or do I bombard him with yet another long list of ailments and hope he takes the hint :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's not that I actually WANT to have [b:98b213e9bf]ME[/b:98b213e9bf] but I am desperate to know why I feel the way I do before I lose what little sanity I have left :?

Any suggestions would be most gratefully received :D

Kind regards and hope you all have a good weekend

Kristal

xx

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are absolutely right Trees ...... some of these illness have always been around.

I'm just so pleased I didn't witness Ricky Gervais' comments ..... I think I would have completely exploded. I remember Eammon Holmes making a similar remark sometime ago and ending up laughing ....... I'm surprised my TV set survived :steam:

Kristal I too am beginning to feel envious of the others who have sympathetic GPs sad ..... but also pleased for them as well.) Although at least I have my support group so I'm not entirely without help.

Went out for lunch today with husband and another couple .. the meal was lovely, the sun was shining but I have just been asleep for the last two hours recovering sad The restaurant was just so noisy (why do they all seem to have slate floors these days) and the strain of trying to listen to what was being said has exhausted me and I am now in a lot of pain and have the usual dizzyness and buzzing hands.

I just wish Ricky Gervais could just feel for himself how I am feeling at the moment (and of course how everyone feels) ....... maybe then he wouldn't make such hurtful and unhelpful remarks. Sometimes it seems that almost everyone is against us.:evil:

So folks, we plod on merrily :roll:

• Posted

I made a post on another (general) forum that I visit very infrequently. I mentioned that I live with M.E.. Some sharp wit who thought he/she was funny replied \"I used to have M.E. but I was too lazy to do anything about it\". They think they are so clever don't they? I am not going to visit the site any more. sad I just get lonely and want someone to talk to, but I don't want to talk to people like that. :x
  • Posted

I hope you put an alert on that message Alicia, we should not have to read or see things like that regardless which forun it was on. sad :cry:
  • Posted

OMG Alicia ..... I wish you had told us about that:evil:

We would have joined forced and killed the bugger :evil:

I can feel the old adrenaline pumping right this minute :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam:

Got carried away there! My friend Tiny Tears would be proud of me:lol:

• Posted

Whoops, got a bit carried away there :sorry:

I just get so incensed that certain people choose to think this illness is a figment of our imagination ...... particularly when they are so-called celebs and have a wide audience ...... what sort of message are they giving to the general public :evil:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.