Advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a large indentation in my left breast i went to docs and refered to breast clinic where mammogram and ultrasound were clear but due to the indentation they requested a breast mri. I have got the results which showed the left breast to be completely normal but they said they have found something incidental in my right breast and say i need an ultrasound which they have scheduled for friday. What does this mean dont understand the wording incidental in this context and naturally worried. Also concerned as my left breast is now deformed with apparently no reason. Help please has anyone rlsr gone thtough this and what was outcome. Im 43 and had a child a year and a half ago so thought maybe breast change was due to this but asked at breast clinic and was told no

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leosmummy, what have they said is the cause of the indentation? Please don't be fobbed off, there must be an explanation, the breast doesn't get indentation for no reason. Ask for further tests, biopsy, or make sure they check it again in three months. 

Lobular breast cancer doesn't always show on a mammogram, so please insist they check again.

as for the 'incidental' they mean while they were checking mainly your left breast they found something in your right, so 'just by chance' 

indentation will not be due to your body changing. 

You need to be kept an eye on until they have some answers. i belong to a breast cancer group and can only say I have known ladies get the all clear, then 2/3 months later diagnosed with breast cancer, not trying to frighten you, but you need an answer to the indentation! Good Luck 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'm back at breast clinic friday for a ultrasound on my right breast and i intend to ask what is cusing the indentation as something has to be csusing it. Its been a long process with waiting for appointments and then results and the constant worry is putting a strain on my relationship too so i wont be fobbed off lol. I do have alot of caner in the family but its lung cancer only one aunt has had breast. Im hoping the right breast is just a cyst but ive been researching and apparently mri can pick a cyst up as a cyst not sure if this true etc. When i first went to docs the nurse saw indentation on left breast and sai my right was very lump I then did nothing but feel for the lumps and couldnt find any haha. First breast clinic appointment the doc also said he couldnt feel any lumps and mammogram was clear and scan on left breast was clear at that point they didnt scan my right. Judt really worried as to what this is that they've found and I know friday is only days away but still worried and hoping i get answers instead of more waiting.

• Posted

I agree with Sandra54321. Please get a second opinion. Breast don't indent for no reason. Please keep us posted! Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.