Advice Please

Posted , 18 users are following.

I am currently reducing from 8mg to 7mg Pred by the dead slow method (previously dropped by 1mg every 4 - 6 weeks having started at 20mg). What I would like to know is, having eventually got down to 7mg for a whole week do I then start reducing to 6mg or do I stay at 7mg for a couple of weeks or so before doing so?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Based on my own experience, I would say stay on it for at least 3 weeks.  I had to reduce by 1/2 mg each taper, i.e., I would do 7 mg one day and 6mg the next alternating for 3 weeks.
  • Posted

Agree with you - I am not an expert though. I read the forums and have my own experience after 4 years of Temporal Arteritis.

Wishing all the very best,

• Posted

Agree with you based on my 4 years of Temporal Arteritis and reading the Forums- not an expert though.

🌹iellen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.