advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

ive been on citalopram over 4 weeks and i had been doing really well last week . but this week i have such bad headaches and im so tired amd the morning anxiety is back !!!??

any advice , ?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

thats how these meds work you will have ups and downs every day every week every hour something different.it will eventually die down.and you will recover . slowwwwly.

• Posted

god its so hard . im puttimg on a massive brave face for everyone but i wake up everyday expecting to feel gud or bad !!!! its such a hard road xx

• Posted

yes it is but all that will die down believe it or not.trust me.your not going to stay like that forever.it may seem like it.but believe me you will recover.

• Posted

Yes I totally agree with Lois. It's a roller coaster ride for the first few months. It slowly will go away.

• Posted

i really hope so . it takes over your life , im constantly thinking about how i feel

• Posted

that is how i was always. i felt horrible with panic attacks which i didnt know that was what i was experiencing. it was a living nightmare.

• Posted

how long have u been on cit?? did u feel u would be ill forever ??

i have too much to be doing i havent got time for illness !!!!

• Posted

hi Nicola it is certainly a scary time but all of us on the tablets go through the same . Everyone thinks it will never end but it truly does . I had nausea, headaches , tiredness took about 9 weeks the 2nd time around . It will get better listen to a mindful app as many times as u possibly can . I have been on it for 18 months now with a bad reaction to antibiotics which set me back to the beginning . i have now been on them for 8 months had a few blips which worry u when u get them but u do come out the other end . take each day as it comes

• Posted

Ditto what everyone else said. It takes a while Nicola. Really don't hope to be levelled out until at least 6 months in, and even then, blips can still come.

If you've had a good week or two already, that's great.

Don't let the bad weeks fool you. You're still stabilising. Hang in there x

• Posted

i’m feeling the exact same way I was having some good days and then woke up and was like Bam but I wasn’t sure if I was getting a head cold because my head feels like it weighs 1000 pounds or if it’s just steal more symptoms and I am so tired . I also am getting these weird feelings of a slight burning sensation down the back of my neck in my arms it’s very mild but I don’t know what that’s about . I know all the things I want to do to get better and like trying to go for walks eating healthier taking my vitamins but I’m so darn tired I can’t even do any of that

• Posted

the burnimg sensation is horrible . it goes from my stomach and waves right over my head . i had a panoc attack last nite . well it was weird it wasnt a normal panic attack as im on valium amd propanalol . i felt boilimg hot amd was sweating amd my fingers and arms were tingling lile pins and needles. it only lasted 20 mins but i thought i was havin an allergic reaction. such a strange med this is . my world has changed so much my hubby and kids r gud with me and i now have hardly any friends as people are sick of me being ill now . got to get better soon x

• Posted

wow imagine i had those same symptoms burning pins and needles on my scalp for many months this was before any antidepressants.as soon as i started the celexa everything plus yhe kitchen sink was magnified.but it all weny away at the 8month mark.

• Posted

i had that all the time started at my hands went right up to my head it was horrible x but it does go eventually

• Posted

thanks Will yes a lot better still hanging around a bit but i can cope with it . Went swimming before and after work yesterday which was good . How r you anyway i miss r little chats

• Posted

I'm so much better. I have my life back. It was a rough 2 1/2 years. Swimming is a great exercise for your body. Keep it up.

I miss our chats also.

Will

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.