Advice please withdrawing with dizziness and anxiety

Posted , 9 users are following.

I need some advice..I been on GP for 4 months. 500 to 600mg. My body is sensitive to all medication. I just dropped myself off to 200mg. I am withdrawing.  ...it's been a week getting a little better. I want to get offf completely. How do I do this. I between doctors now. Long story,,,blessings to all of us going threw this. 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have not had TN for very long 4 months but I have been on many meds, had bad reactions to a couple plus side effects +++.  I was on GB 2700 mg a day.  I am now on 200 mg a day and novotrypline 10 mg at night and I am coping very well.  I have some pain but it is better than the side effects.
    • Posted

Thank you Karen

What is Novotrypline?  I wonder if I need an anitdepressant to get off Gabepentin.

• Posted

Hi naomi,

It seems all GPs tell us to withdraw 300mg a day basically the same as we increased but I've tried this many times before and felt truly awful with the withdrawals,well lately I have been reducing as instructed by my pain clinic and he said only 100mg per day for 7 days and then another 100mg and so on,i take gabapentin 3 times a day so 100mg from the evening the first week then next 100mg from the lunchtime etc etc and the only withdrawals I get are pains in my arms that I can deal with and I've been on gabapentin for over 10 years.

I personally if your suffering would go back to what you were on and start with the 100mg reduction but make sure you inform your dr ,ok takes longer but who really cares 😀.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Duracell

I guess each one has to do it best for them but I am sure its common sense too. I did not know this drug was like this from the beginning. I was side swiped. I was taking 500 to 600 per day. Now 200 for a week. Do you like I should just leave it at that?

• Posted

Hi naomi, i going to try to reduce to 100mg 3 times a day and that happens at Xmas on boxing day but thats me wanting probably something I can't have because us lot on meds for pain are always to impatient 😀 and if I do I will have to increase my tramadol,basically you personally will know how far you can reduce all decided.by your pain threshold.I hope you get to where you want but if not just so you know after 6 months my body just adapted to gabapentin,yes I slept more and was a bit bigger but compared with pain it's a no brainer.

I have been reading some of the comments from a certain few on here and there just not constructive and just make you feel bad or judge,so always take little bits from here and there and above all discuss with your Dr and a partner or family member,talking us always good for you.

Sorry I've gone on a bit to much I blame it on the tramadol just ask my wife 😀

• Posted

At least 100 mgs and do it v e r y slowly. Do not rush it.
    • Posted

I went down 400mg at first not knowing. Now I am steady for 1 week on 200 mg. bad way, but doctor never got back to me. Thank you Sandy. This is so scary. I live a lone and I am out of work. I was trying to get part time job but this not put a bump in the road. God bless you.
    • Posted

Hi sandy,its refreshing to see some good advice on here and not the nutters who say "no thats to much,it's the devils drug,just go cold turkey it worked for me" 😀

Enjoy you day.

• Posted

I was taken down way to fast and learned to late. It has to be done so very slowly the slower the better. Please don't rush it!!

I am feeling much better except for stomach its been a long hard road. 9 months have heard the length of time and the higher the dose the longer it takes.

Good Luck 😊

• Posted

Talk to your prescribing physician

I was on 1200-1800 a day and they had me go to 300 in am 300 pm for three days then 300 in am once a day then none

It was hell the first week

Anxiety

Jumping out of my skin for quite some time

Had to avoid caffeine

Took 12.5 mg Benadryl to help sleep

Took magnesium w food

But also had doctor and counselor with Gabapentin experience

Don't do it alone

• Posted

Then you Jeshua

I am doing it a lone for now because I am between doctors. I have appointments later in the month. Working on getting one sooner.  This is so hard. They should really warn us before. GOd bless you. Please pray for me as well. Naomi

• Posted

No but lingering anxiety that wasn't there before and blood pressure spikes when stressed

Ongoing

Takes me by surprise on occasion

Seeing a trailer counselor who has dealt with gp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.