Posted , 4 users are following.
As you can read in my previous post I have had on going chronic ankle pain in my left Ankle for over two years since a ''simple'' lateral malleolus fracture.
At my last doctors appointment she advised me that the X-Ray seemed normal (non stress X-ray) and there was scarring that could be seen. I have been referred to physiotherapy which could be months down the line. I asked her for advice and she advised to by some form of Ankle brace and also stated if physio didn't work surgery might have to be done especially if the bone was misaligned (which she didn't know if it was or wasn't).
Here are some of the symptoms I get currently -
- Constant ankle weakness / limp
- Very easy to sprain, have minor sprains frequently and bad sprains more often than I should even though I just walk on flat pavements
- Constant aching / gnawing pain.
- Pain at the site of fracture and all the way up the left side of my lower league
- Frequent pins and needles
- Unexplained bruising that comes and goes.
At the moment I am kind of in Limbo, I have a fear that the Physio will do nothing and perhaps even make it worse, it's getting very frustrating now and I am constantly on edge about even just walking down a flat stretch of payment as even that causes pain, even though the pain isn't agonising by any stretch of the imagination it is unpleasant.
At this point I just want to chop the damn fut off lol (not really).
Any advice? I know I post frequently, but my GP isn't knowledgeable in this stuff at all, paying privately is an option but very expensive.
0 likes, 4 replies