Advu

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All so I've now been off venlafaxine for three and a bit weeks.. Tapered than basically cold turkey.. I am looking for natural resources to help with my GAD (Generalised anxiety disorder)as I'm now struggling and it's quite high.. and I'm working as normal and being a parent which I'm hiding the fact I fight anxiety everyday.. but my body aches and I'm exchausted I'm getting all the symptoms of chronic anxiety again .. and I end up with uti because of it..I came off ven as I didnt want to be of medication all my life and wanted to find something suitable to help that's natural ingredients any advise would be wonderful..

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hello, the only supplement that may be able to deal with what you are going through is 5htp , altbough its not certain. I wouldnt think there is anything else that will work. you can make a case for anything, but the degree of benefit it might provide, is probably minimal, if any. you may be fortunate, and your side effects stabalise, and you slowly improve. some people have done the same as yourself and recovered. However, you may deteriorate, in which case you will need to go back to your doctor for medication. All the best, i hope you find something that works.
  • Posted

just thought. years ago, when my anxiety was extreme, i used to smoke old style dope resin, the stuff you had to burn and crumble. its high content is minimal, but sedation and relaxation were very good. its made of poor qaulity plant material, and as such its low strength. thats why i liked it. good stuff wasnt any good, as too much high.
  • Posted

Haha yes good old hemp had that before at this moment In time I just need to relax and calm the anxiety it's giving me uti which are not good and when I got extreme anxiety before I had the uti so it's happening again I just want to be settled but my poor body is in over drive most days I dread work I dread the drive the only time I'm relaxing is if I'm watching a movie or stroking my dogs

• Posted

I came off mitrazapine and I suffered terribly I tapered off far too quick. I stopped sleeping my anxiousness was through the roof and I like you still working and being a parent. I'm sorry I don't know what natural ingredients may help. But please just look after yourself because I ran myself into the ground n became really ill . Just please taper slowly xx

• Posted

Did you taper off mirtazapine or stop cold turkey ? Are you better now ?

I am tapering mirtazapine atm.

• Posted

Hi Karen I'm not on any meds now I tapered for a short time then went cold turkey terrible side affects now my GAD is extremely bad I had an out burst at home today and my partner walked out I'm actually feeling very alone in how I'm feeling as I'm trying so hard to juggle everything work parenting and I'm fighting this anxiety every bloody day I'm worn out

• Posted

I tapered off from 45mg mitrazapine too 30mg for 3weeks then 15mg 3 weeks then 0. Felt fine then it all went wrong started not sleeping then not eating very very anxious then I felt so bad I didn't want too be here anymore I was in a terrible state I collapsed in the bathroom because at this point I hadn't slept for 3 weeks ate for a week. My husband phoned the doctor in and they got the mental health crisis team too my home. Ive never been so ill they got me better they gave me diazapam for 3 days n sleeping tablets too calm down then started me on venlafaxine. Now I'm doing ok have good days n bad days but no where near the despair I was in. Back at work too was off work for 3 weeks then just went bk slowly. As long as you taper slowly you shouldn't be as bad as me they said I did it far too quick xxx

• Posted

Defo get help soon don't let it go on too long I did n I suffered like hell not going too lie. The mental health team turned my life around . Please look after yourself xx

• Posted

I will do I need to just relax and stop worrying but easier said then done plus I've been on meds now no meds at all just eating better and taking vitamins is all I'm doing and excersize on and off I feel this group is the only thing I have where I can realese my worry lol

• Posted

How long after you stopped the mirtazapine did you start to feel bad.

I will be on 15mg by the end of the year then taper off next year.

Did you get any withdrawal symptoms as you tapered down from 45mg ?

• Posted

I'm the same love this group it's been a great help and especially Nigel he has helped me so much too

• Posted

I felt ok until about 3 weeks after I stopped looking back there was signs but I just kept plodding on n going too work then it all just got too much I needed help. The more I went down from mitrazapine the more sedating it was it wasn't until I came off completely I couldn't sleep at all. You could be fine if you do it slowly I just done it far too quick.

• Posted

Yes I agree it's nice to get advice from people who tend to understand or going or gone through similar things

• Posted

hello, i thought it earlier, but didnt have the balls to say so. you need to go back to your doctor. going cold turkey is the worse thing you can do. no supplememt is going to help you. one or 2 people on here have got away with it. usually, people who go cold turkey feel good for a couple of weeks at most, then plummet. it sounds like you are getting worse. please go and see your doctor to explain whats happened. you dont want to deteriorate any further, you could end up much worse than you are now.

• Posted

I'm going to try and stick it out for a while longer as I've come this far I have a stressful job which I suppose isn't helping..my job is a four people job but I've been running things for a week alone so it hasn't helped.. I'm going to give it atleast another week and see how I go I don't want to throw in the towel just yet I'll also meditate more I had a bad day at work and everything was going crap and I felt my partner wasn't understanding how I'm feeling when I got home.. It was just a rubbish day in general

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.