Af

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well that lasted a long time back at work for just over a week, last night started sweating like a good un, dizzy spells, got to work this morning felt shocking light headed, shirt of breath felt rubbish chilled out for alf hour felt abit better, heart racing etc, instead of going to a& e rang my doctors seeing them on Tuesday glad it's nowt to worry about if it's back again seems to come and go, will find out on Tuesday just need to work upto Xmas get some money in, even told the wife this time not like when I took myself into a& e in August, seven hours before I rang her thought I would be out in a hour and she would never know lol

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It might be a reaction to medication they have given you,  if it happens again go to a & e don't wait for Drs appointment.
    • Posted

Hi moira said to say I am off all meds have been for nearly three weeks, I'm beginning to think it's my trade to much for me
  • Posted

Glad to know you are off the meds,  have you thought it might not be the trade it could just be you are pushing yourself too much to get the money in for Xmas  your wife will tell you she can help in this but you need to talk not try and do it by yourself.

If they ever offer you amiodorone stay away from it,  just google it and you will see why does more damage to other organs etc.

Just try to take things easier until they can sort out how to help,  mind you I know its easier said than done. 

The problem mainly is we have always done the work when required and now we have to accept we have to do things differently, its a bummer being too independent isn't it, now we have to rely on the medical profession for their help.

• Posted

Wise words moira you sound like my wife, I know you are both right but said to say I am self employed and get little help off the government so savings gone keeping up with usual bills etc, but that's life while ever I can draw breath I will try and earn my living the mrs works and is my rock and my financial saviour  for the 12, weeks I was off so in my mind I have to do my bit to repay her and get some funds back in the bank for the next time which I know is coming but what do you do, I was taught a man pays his way through life and does not bum off his wife or the state I know it's d fashioned ideals but can not change how my mind works. See what doctor says on Tuesday it's funny when I started in August I asked at hospital about my trade and they could or would not give me a honest answer I know myself the job Ido is to much for me but I'm to old to re train so head down deep breath and try and be sensible with everything at work, mind you she dint mind today when I spent two hours over the ironing board doing her clothes lol
  • Posted

Didn't mean to sound like your wife,  it looks as if we were both brought up the same way work wise I mean.  Just a thought if it was your wife with af would you expect her to keep trying to get the money or would you be mad at her for trying.

Hope all goes well at the drs on Tuesday.  Hope you let me know how you got on.

• Posted

No I would not would pester her to rest, and will defo let you know what my doctor says I have applied for a few different jobs in the painting trade , more easy pace of working at the moment back on the building site painting new houses, poor prices no heating and no lights on so my day light window of time to earn a wage is very low. Just back home after walking my dog my breathing sounded like a man of eighty, funny when I smoked I could walk and run miles now not so much still looking at other things work wise away from painting& decorating may go back modelling socks sorry moira just my sense of humour will keep you updated
    • Posted

Popeye, pacing is more imprtant than not doing or doing too much, pacing is hte key, but... i agree wih all else, i find it very dificult not to work till dropping when i was younger i worked sun up till sund down, cam home snoozed for an hour got up got tea / dinner, went to bed and then back to work, in all i have done i have always hit my limit before stopping, now its one 'ell of a shock discovering my limit is a lot lower hmm doesnt sit well at all... but learning to accept and pace... (well trying to) Well done Moira for reminding us... sometimes we do need it though my wife does try to slow me down... i listen ... sometimes
    • Posted

It's hard Andrew I'm good at giving advice but not taking it, I know I need to pace myself better but in my trade if you carnt keep up it's the highway . Harsh I know but it's true just need to reavaluate my work life
    • Posted

will if its the highway then painting on the lines would eb ok? if not skilled.... sorry couldnt resist...- i am currently being "forced into ill health retirement so yes i do know how you feel. perhaps more in the way of the small redecorating jobs? painful with owners watching every brush stroke or look into heritage work some of that is amazing!!! it is something i have thought about but with stonework however not sure i can do the lifting required, however... think decorating but look at all the options heritage work espeaciually is a sensible pace as it has to be done right not quick, just a thought
    • Posted

Heritage decorating I would never have thought of that one, nice one Andrew I will defo look into that be nice to hang some decent wallpaper and proper painting and like you said at a sensible pace , sad about your ill health retirement same for you with the masons work I bet you can do it always people to help with any heavy lifting nowt ventured nowt gained
    • Posted

Andrew has come up with a great idea,  worth having a look.  Sorry to hear that Andrew is being forced into retirement, some of the stonework I have seen is amazing,  I think the trade used to be passed down in families.  I get really frustrated myself not being able to do the things I used to this forum is really good because its not our wife or husband that is talking to us maybe we take more notice because of that.   The heritage decorating sounds really good.
    • Posted

Thank you both, indeed from here many oak trees grow... i think we give each other the edge to go try as well as to keep going!
  • Posted

Hoping to hear how you got on at the Doctors popeye,  hope you are feeling better.
    • Posted

Hi moira alls good doctor said if I get any more episodes to go straight to a& e the last two have lasted under a hour said they need to catch it while it's happening if not may have to wear a monitor?, she did say but to be honest I've forgot
  • Posted

Hi Popeye. I've had A/F for over 30 years. I cannot comment on your case, but I would advise you not to treat A/F too lightly. If your heart rate is very high and the beat is irregular your heart can throw a clot which can be fatal. If your heart rate is over 100 and irregular, go to A&E. They may give you a combination of Clopidogrel and Aspirin, or some other drug such as Warfarin or similar. Try not to take alcohol or caffeine as these are known triggers. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Hi Hugh funny you should write on my page, my doctor rang me today regarding my af?, she wants me to wear a monitor externally or she mentioned internally. I am back at work and working at a much slower pace in the last month I have had a couple of episodes I. E racing ticker also bad breathing all I did was stop work for a hour chilled out also had a few chest pains that came and went also larger than normal nose bleeds I still don't feel100 percent but got to keep working being self employed I have no choice it seems to me my doctor knows more than I do and she is not letting on she mentioned the clots that you talked about all that said. Have yourself a cracking Xmas and new year 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.