Af

Posted , 9 users are following.

ive just been told I'm going to be on beta blockers and aspirin,I think it's called bisoprolol,2.5mg,I'm currently working as a train driver,are the other posts that I've read,really that bad,as my work are saying once I start taking the medication I will be able to come back to work no problems,I'm going to have a angiogram in about a month,if what your saying is true,it sounds like it will affect my job,due to the tiredness and breathlessness,also I suffer from mild COPD,to many years smoking,will that have any consequences on the medication.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi richard i was a smoker of 36 years now stopped since august last year when i started with af the bisopradol did not agree with me one bit as i have said in my posts i was a zombie now on slozem 240mg apart from headaches im 100%better than bisop if you are being paid whilst off stay off get yourself stable and better hope the meds work for you bisopradol takes different people different ways im self employed so have to work if i was paye i wiuld sign on sick tommorrow good luck you will know in a few days if bisopradol does not afree with you if bad effects see doctor and try something else
  • Posted

I'm surprised that if you are undergoing heart tests that include an angiogram that they are allowing you to drive a train.

From the NHS website.

When taking any medicine you should be aware that it might interfere with your ability to drive or operate machinery safely. In the case of Bisoprolol fumarate: 

this medicine could affect your ability to drive or operate machinery

You should see how this medicine affects you before you judge whether you are safe to drive or operate machinery. If you are in any doubt about whether you should drive or operate machinery, talk to your prescriber.

• Posted

Well said derek the train company would leave themselfs wide open to law suits as most of us know bisopradol is evil i had all on driving my car let alone a train
    • Posted

Hi Bernadette, I hope that your hearts is behaving itself. I had a brief spell of AF last month after a DRE (digital rectal examination) on my prostate. As when I had a colonoscopy my vagus nerve did not like being stimulated. My doctor said it was paroxysmal AF and a few days on Bisoprolol put it back in rhythm. A later ECG was OK but he is referring me back to cardiology.
  • Posted

Hi,Richard I fir one could nit walk the length if myself nor keep awake on 2.5 twice a day , my advice woukd be to speak to who ever put you on this drug and I woukd speak to my employer , B 
  • Posted

Derek 76,I'm not driving trains at the moment,I'm on light duties,but work are saying I should be ok,and occupational health will also say oh you'll be ok,just so they can get me back to work,my heart rate was between 145 and 175 at the time and went down to 133 later on a ECG machine,then in a&he it went down four hour later to about 90,so not only worried about heart,also the pressure of work pushing me,and possible side effect of medication,if they are as bad as described then no way can I drive a train if knackered and not being able to walk to far without wanting to sit down
    • Posted

Welcome to our world richard do not work bully you into work have your been light headed yet nausea palpertations tight chest you know about breathlessness i fairly new to af but after thinking i new and could do what i used to i have learnt this af is a beast what can come on even when sleeping a few weeks ago i could not wake up for work or even get out of bed felf shocking for rest of day and i had done nothing strenuous to bring it on. I know its hard mate to accept but trust me af can come on anytime anywhere and i have found different levels of intentserty as i have said if you get paid for sickness take it no medals for knackering yourself up

• Posted

Here you tend to get those of us most affected by meds, the majority are not.  From the sound of your COPD and heart symptoms and your profession I'm surprised that with your stressful job that your GP does not put you on sick leave until it is sorted out.

Was it the ECG result that made them ask for an angiogram? It does not necessarily mean anything as I have had three or four stress

ECG's that had false positives.

I hope it all goes well for you.

I was on a train last year where the guard took ill and the train was taken out of service. We all remarked that it was just as well it was not the driver. I thought after years of commuting and train travel it was an excuse that I had not had before. 

• Posted

In one of the other threads on this Forum there is an airline pilot suffering from AF.
  • Posted

Hi Richard,

As others have said I am surprised that you are alowed to drive anything, let alone trains.

Over a period of 2 years on this site I have only found one person that Bisprol had no effect on.

I have commented on BISOPROL in other blogs, briefly my wife was on 2.5 mg and then 1.25 mg and now Atenolol 50 mg.

I got her Cardiologist to agree to the lesser amount and then agree to changing over completely.

My wife is now a different person from the one taking Bisoprol, completely alert and not tired all the time.

I hope you are one of the few who this horrible drug really effects.

Good luck Ken.

• Posted

Maxine 50, don't think you meant to type that last sentence, but thanks for the good luck,thanks popeye 62,but my company can be very pushy,will have to wait and see
    • Posted

Richard richard no matter how pushy your firm is mate its about you your health your life trust me mate af can really make you feel like death and as i have found out mate it wont stop or cure itself .see your doctor for their advice tell them how your af makes you feel good luck pal hope bisop really works for you as i said monitor your symptoms with this evil medication
    • Posted

I nearly cried when they said u was to go from 2.5 twice a day to 5. A day , they cut the does down and put me on digoxin , I can't say I coukd walk a marathon now , but I never coukd any way , this drug is a beast it can stop you in your tracks and it will 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.