Af

Posted , 9 users are following.

Evening everyone ist day out of hospital since last post.now on bisop .rivaroxaban.rampiril and anti inflams ecco indicated my heart is running at 20% .they can not believe i worked all this time since january with it all i am saying is if you are new to af or a old server of it bypass the gp.s go straight to a&e for real treatment i hope i have not left it to late and can claw back to a stronger brick when they told me on tuesday it did not sink in straight away.my wife is my rock who i would be dead without my other issue is how do i tell my daughters without making a drama out of it i was going to leave it the wife says they deserve to know the truth.i am usually strong mentally but must admit this one has me on my arse with concern so like i said do not ignore it please and keep well folks.waiting on cardiologists next move and would do anything to get back on track

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hang in there Nigel, you've got their attention now and will be a priority. You are right about going to A&E, too many of us wait till things get too much out of control. Hope the meds. will give you some relief in the meantime and then it's not long till you are admitted for cardiov or ablation.

jessie😊

• Posted

Many thanks jess i treasure your words and your friendship through this forum.still trying to make sense of what they said on tuesday glad laura was with me heads a shed st the moment hardest thing will be telling my daughters .said to laura i feel i need to be a voice for af awareness to little is known of it i have seen both sides of af and the side i saw at the weekend scared me to death i dont mind admitting it as you know im a fighter and will fight this all the way speak soon my friend
  • Posted

I agree, well done on finally getting some support, but,,,, i think you and Jess are right "we" tend to go ah itll be ok have a break for a mo or three or push on "gently", but tisnt enough i wish i knew a year ago what  know today... Good luck though hope you cant get some good resetting done! 
    • Posted

Cheers andrew do you know one of the plasrerers on site text me at the weekend he had heard i was bad hes only 30. He said just remember cemetrys are full of heroes dont be one of them.that could be the rallying call for af .i feel people need to know its out there
    • Posted

You are fortunate in that you had warning symptoms that you could something about although it took to long for them to react and make a diagnosis. My neighbours lawyer who was handling his house sale just fell down dead two weeks ago at only 49.

We now get screening for some things but many cardiac conditions are difficult to diagnose.

• Posted

Detek i have my wife to thank for being here she dragged me to a&e.i would have carried on as i have done since january she now sits on my shoulder will not let me out on my own apart from toilet breaks i have been ill in my life the past 2 weeks have been the worst ever and never want to revisit that again
  • Posted

Glad to hear you have now got the treatment you deserve. I think we plod on with the medication not wanting to be constantly in the GPs surgery, when you can get an appointment which is very hard and it takes something very serious to drive us to A & E and then someone has to take notice and do something straight away. I hope you continue to improved and they sort you out properly. Your wife will help you through all this and must be a great support for you.
  • Posted

Maybe coincidence, which I doubt, but i was prescribed Ramipril for bp and developed Afib shortly afterwards.
    • Posted

I was trying to think which came first, the Ramapril or the AF. I think it was Ramapril so there may be some link to it. 

It would be interesting to see how many people have AF and how many are on Ramipril or any other BP medicine that may have been a trigger.

• Posted

I blame years on Verapamil for lowering my heart rate too much. 
    • Posted

I think it changes the rhythm of the heart rate and that perhaps does not help with AF it might throw it into confusion.
    • Posted

Mine is now so confused that it needs a pacemaker. My AF started after I had my aortic valve replaced three years ago. For years prior to that my BP monitor often often gave a a variety of different beats but I was always told after ECG's that I was in sinus rhyhtm.
    • Posted

I have extra and missed beats every day but only had two episodes of extreme rapid heart beat, the one went back into sinus rhythm at the hospital after a blood test and the second they gave me bisprolol and it went back to normal within an hour but it was all over the place it wasn't a regular beat the second time. I am on Warfarin now to prevent clots from the irregular heart beat but it does get you down and makes you feel dizzy and strange.
  • Posted

I had heart failure after my first two episodes. I had left it too long struggling into work and with not much help from my GP. I recovered quickly once I was in hospital and although it left my heart a bit larger they said it was in the realms of normal. Just about to go for my third AF but I don't wait anymore. I dial 999 and get immediate help. A lesson learnt. Good luck.
  • Posted

I too soldiered on for far too long before being diagnosed with AF. Had an ejection fraction of 25%! Six months of meds and  2 cardiovversions later, my EF is now back up to 54%. 

Went on. Low sodium diet which was really hard at first but after several weeks it got easier and you build up a repertoire of low sodium meals. Also bought a low sodium cookbook which has been very helpful.

So clean clean living, low sodium, meds and a daily walk ( as I felt appropriate-gradually increasing as I started to feel better) seemed to do the trick for me.

I'm 49 and now have to realise my party days are pretty much over.

I think AF is a journey, and you can definitely have some influence over how your journey goes.

Good luck with your AF journey .

• Posted

Cheers simon just what the wife says told me im on a long road plenty of miles to go.just have to play it sensibly now like you my party days ate gone to be honest prefer my agternoon nap lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.