Af

Posted , 9 users are following.

Evening everyone ist day out of hospital since last post.now on bisop .rivaroxaban.rampiril and anti inflams ecco indicated my heart is running at 20% .they can not believe i worked all this time since january with it all i am saying is if you are new to af or a old server of it bypass the gp.s go straight to a&e for real treatment i hope i have not left it to late and can claw back to a stronger brick when they told me on tuesday it did not sink in straight away.my wife is my rock who i would be dead without my other issue is how do i tell my daughters without making a drama out of it i was going to leave it the wife says they deserve to know the truth.i am usually strong mentally but must admit this one has me on my arse with concern so like i said do not ignore it please and keep well folks.waiting on cardiologists next move and would do anything to get back on track

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I used to have afternoon naps too. But I did a sleep study and found out that I have severe sleep apnea, which may also have been related to, or the cause of my afib.

Sleep apnea can most definitely cause afib. Haveing a big night on the booze makes your sleep apnea considerably worse. I strongly suspect (but will never know for sure). That that is what sent me into atrial fibrillation.

I thought being tired a lot of the time and nodding off to sleep in front of the TV was just part of getting old. Turns out thAt because of my sleep apnea, I wasn't getting the quality REM sleep that my body needed.

Anyway, after a couple of nights using the CPAP machine, I felt like a different person, so much more energy now, the difference is unbelievable!

I think the CPAP machine has also played a significant role in my recovery.

thery're not cheap things but I wouldn't be without mine now.

If you're regularly having having afternoon naps and falling asleep when you would prefer not to, it may be worth doing a sleep study to see if you would benefit from one of these machines?

I know three other people that have them, and they also swear by them, in fact like me, they refuse to sleep without them and take them with them everywhere they go(including overseas holidays!)

CPAP machine would have to be some of they best money I've ever spent. If you do a sleep study and don't need one that's great, but if you do need one it can make an amazing difference to your quality of lifeĀ 

• Posted

Glad to hear that you're being sorted out and Happy Father's Day. I think your girls would welcome you explaining that you're receiving treatment and I'm sure your better half will make sure that the Doctors get back to you soonest. Having watched 24 hours to Save you Life last week, in which there was a Cardiac case, it made me appreciate how lucky those of us who use this site are! As said below, cardiac issues are so difficult to both predict and treat.

All the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.