Afib triggers

Posted , 9 users are following.

To much sugar seem to trigger my afib what triggers yours

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Used to be my bp meds (Ramipril and then Candestan) until I gave them up for Bisoprolol. Much better now.
    • Posted

I'm on Bisoprolol 2.5mg I have to take them with food otherwise my whole day I'll have a dizzy head all day
  • Posted

I'm 49, two ablations, many cardio versions in my portfolio. Unfortunately I tip toe around now waiting for the next event. Pre-ablation I could tolerate abnormality, now all events involve rapid heart rate 115+  which I find intolerable.

biggest triggers:

1. Dehydration-Exterme heat, hangovers or strenuous exercise have all thrown me in.

2. Anger/ fear that causes anxiety created my last episode- argument with my girlfriend.

3. In my sleep (twice)- I wear CPAP and have sleep apnea which I think is or was a major contributor.

4.High Blood pressure is what my doctor tells me is biggest contributor.

5. Sneezing attack

6. Frequent and incessant urination seems to be a precursor I have noticed too - probably makes me dehydrated, who the heck knows.

i appreciate everyone's feedback.

• Posted

Are you on meds after your ablations? Sorry they fix you 100% AF sucks!
    • Posted

Didn't fix you , that should say!!
    • Posted

Yes, it sux and I'm on BP meds amlodopine and Losaratan and Metoporol ( to control rate) , generally works well until it does not. Trying to live life normally and enjoy myself. Everyone has got sh*t going on, trying to focus on weight reduction and an overall good diet for general health. Keeps my mind off the potential of falling out of rhythm. How long you been dealing w your rhythm?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.