After period!!!!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Any of you ladies feel the worse right after period???Just done with mine and oh boy I have no get up and go and just feel woozy and short of breath with chest tightness and tummy is really off??Confused on why i always get this way after and not before?Ive always been ass backwards so shouldnt be surprised...lol Oh peri is so much fun....:-(

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, looking back for me, that was a clear signal things were finally on their way to wrapping up.......although at the time I thought I was losing my mind. It only lasted 6-9 mths I think.  And mine, I felt lousy 1 1/2 prior and then about 1 week after-left not much time of feeling good at all. Glad that is over and will be for you too!

Annie xx

• Posted

Yes I do. Started happening a few years ago but now my periods are so erratic I dont know if im coming or going. Been in perimenopause eight years and I do get shortness of breath and palpitations. Even ended up a&e last week. Heart trace was clear.

I could go on and on but the symptoms are just too long.

Stay strong x

• Posted

8 years!!!??? Goodness....its been like 2.5 for me since it things became really bad. 

If this lasts for 8 years, I have no idea what I would do! 

Isn't it supposed to be like for 3 years at the max?

God help us all...I can't be homebound for another 5 years!

• Posted

If you could list some of your symproms it would help me a lot as i think im going mad some days
    • Posted

Hi hun

Yes I too feel like im losing the plot and the longer it goes on the more convinced I am. Been in perimenopause eight years now.

Ok so here goes its a LONG list lol

Depression

Anxiety

Palpitations

Doom and gloom feeling

Insomnia

Frequent uti

Tremors ( I thought I had parkinsons)

Health anxiety

Feelings of not being able to cope with anything

Gerd

Bloating

Nausea

Palpitations (had two heart monitor all fine)

Breathlessness

Fatigue

Feeling of not really being there kind of like im on the outside looking in. I thought I had a mental illness again over thinking everything

Im sure theres more but im sure this will keep you going for a while lol.

Im on low dose AD mirtazapine but tbh not sure if its made that much difference. My periods are very erratic now. Some times three months apart sometimes two and sometimes two in one month.

Hope ive helped in some way xx

• Posted

Aw michelle thats such a relief, ive had tremors too and my sister is 49 and post menopausal and she had head tremors too. I get really lightheaded and think im going to pass out. ive been like it 5 months but havent passed out. Such a relief to know its not just me. Thankyou very much
    • Posted

No problem. When I say tremors I can only describe it as an internal trembling.

X

• Posted

Yes i get that too. My sister had head tremors and felt as if she was walking sideways and i feel like that sometimes too,
    • Posted

Its sooooo hard trying to convince myself im not dying

X of some disease or that im not mentally insane.

Although my husband and kids might disagree on the last one lool x

• Posted

Thank you ladies...Its just nice to get on here and ask about things sometimes to reassure yourself that its peri and other women are feeling this way...yes I know all about the long list of symptoms....ugh..I clean houses and have a lawn mowing service and boy some days are very hard to get thru...Some days I know i shouldnt be workn so hard but do it anyway and then really feel like poo...But gotta pay bills somehow....Hope you feel better and have a good day...Thanks again..
  • Posted

I usually feel some relief after period but before and during it is excruciating. For two weeks before I feel like I am a zombie and during my flow I feel like my insides could fall out if I cough. I am pretty much PMSing all of the time because at the moment my periods are coming every three weeks whereas before I was skipping some months. I have been peri for four years and I am 44. My mother used to use an expression....".I feel so bad I could go out and crush a rose"....thats me on this perimenopause.
  • Posted

Laurie,

From everything I have read, what you are describing is that your estradiol is low at the beginning of your cycle.  When a woman is in perimeno, her estradiol levels are beginning to decline.  You can still be ovulating, but the estradiol component is lower than normal for you.  That's what causes that draggy feeling. 

• Posted

Iv just started on h r t. I feel really paranoid. Mind is racing can't concentrate. Shattered as talking constantly about minor this but make a mountain out of it. Think people at work no things I don't no... so paranoid mind is racing away any suggestions. If I come off the hrt. I become sad depressed to the point I don't want to wake up. Whats wrong with me plz help
  • Posted

When does the perimenopausal age start? I am 46 yrs old and I get periods that are 4-5 days long and heavy to the 3 day light period next cycle. After my periods I get lightheaded and anxiety. Feeling of wanting to cry for no reason. Tired and just want to lay down. I feel foggy and every now and then tremors. What diet would you guys suggest or supplements? Mine isn't the best but I'm not terribly overweight. I just hate the feeling of losing my passion to even do anything from feeling sluggish. On top of it all, I'm pretty sure I have arthritis. But it doesn't stop me from doing cleaning job even with achy joints. I just hate feeling anxiety and sluggish.

• Posted

I know this was over a year ago, but I’m feeling absolutely horrible, the day after my period ended! So very very exhausted I could not go to work! A bit off, dizzy, sad, cannot function at all!! Ugh..I hate this..plus it’s so cold out i do not want to leave the house or couch! Walking would help but I just can’t get the energy up nor do I want to go out in the cold. I hope you are feeling better! Best to you in 2018!!
    • Posted

Amy, I am going thru everything you are saying as well...I swear I am going nuts!  I sat down and googled "menopause" and found this....wow it helped me a great deal...calmed me down, the jitters.  I do have anxiety issues anyway, but now that menopause has set it, I am not able to control it once a month...go figure. Just glad to read I am not alone in this crazy time!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.