After Permetherin treatment

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I contracted Scabies in 10/26/17 and was asymptomatic until after 4 weeks.  I received permethrine 5% treatment on 12/19/17 and a second treatment on 12/22/17.  I cleaned everything religiously.  After my treatments I noticed that all the areas that had a rash and the one tunnel I saw cleared up immediately.  The itching never went away and I swear the itching is worse!  They say it gets worse before it gets better but im having a hard time determining if I am reinfected.  This week I have rash on my back in a area that was not red before.  I am told that what was not showing before can appear after treatment.  The "new" area does not look better as each day passes.  However, I do not see any tunnels.  I AM STILL VERY ITCHY.  I was told by a nurse that I have to wait atleast 4 weeks to see if the treatment really worked. Its been only 10 days.  Anyone have advice? 

0 likes, 14 replies

Report

14 Replies

  • Posted

    The probability that your scabies are gone is low, especially if you see new spots on your back. A month waiting time gives them a huge opportunity to really spread. I've gone through probably 20 tubes of Perm and done a huge number of other treatments. Here's what works:

    1) Bleach baths: 3/4 cup concentrated bleach (8.25% - the kind you find at Target) in a full tub of hot water - soak for 30 minutes. Not 1 cup, and not 1/2 cup. I've been perfecting this treatment, and if you Google it, you can read up on it.

    2) Borax baths: 3 cups of borax and 1 cup hydrogen peroxide. 

    3) Turpentine directly on the scabies sores - use a Q-tip. This one: 

    4) Sulphur soap when you shower, and sulphur cream on the sores (note that you may have skin reaction - so be careful with the cream - test it first). This package: 

    5) A skin brush - use in the shower and brush your entire body each shower (and each bath) - This one or similar: 

    6) If you had more Perm cream, I would say use that every night on just the affected areas of your skin.

    The bleach bath is your number 1 treatment. I know, sounds scary. The chlorine in the bleach kills them. We've been chlorinating water for a long time. Think swimming pool - only a bit stronger chlorine concentration. 

    I've spent over $4,000 trying to rid my body of these critters. I'm almost there. After months of trying just about every treatment found on the Internet, I figured out it's all about the bleach and borax. You can Google those and start reading. When I'm completely clear I'm going to create a website about this so others will know what to do. Doctors really don't know much at all - and waiting that long only gives scabies a huge advantage to dig in deeper, make more of themselves, and create huge misery that could take months and months, or years, to eliminate. The solution is bleach baths.

    You could switch it up 1 day bleach, next borax, and so on; or, 2 days bleach, 1 day borax, etc. 

    Good luck - let us know what you wind up doing.

    Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

    Report
    • Posted

      Hi Larry, will you share your website address with me please? I know that I don’t have scabies but I have some type of mite or parasite.  So many things it could be. I have had the symptoms for about 3 years, but weren’t so bad until I started treating them, about 8 months ago.  I have tried a lot of things. Some help, but nothing has gotten rid of them. I did not want to use toxic Clorox, but as I sit tormented with itching, I’m considering it. Not sure why, but borax baths make them so much worse. Thanks for posting. Anna
      Report
  • Posted

    Hi,  go to curezone[/b].org[/b] read up on it . Everyone is different. In my case whenever I get new red spots it's them back. Take Benadryl, it really helps. Hope you get red of it! God Luck

    Report
  • Posted

    Hi there, from my experience it seems like you probably were exposed a little later than what you are thinking. Either way the permethrin treatment is what you need to continue with. The other “natural” remedies are potentially more hazardous to your skin. 

    I did an initial permethrin treatment and followed it with another at 5-6 days later followed by another at a week post. I then would locally apply to areas of issue which I thought you were issues (to curb my paranoia). During this time it is also important that you have to daily wash your sheets and full bedding (I did an extra dryer cycle for 40 mins on high heat). You also can NOT wear clothes more than once without washing them. I always threw them in my tub so they wouldn’t be worn until they were washed. 

    This continued for 2 weeks. 

    It is normal for the itching to continue for a month or so after as this is your bodies way of expelling and fighting the residual from the mites. It’s when you stop seeing new burrows that’s your indication your winning the fight. 

    What I would also do is put hot hot water into a mason jar and hold it on a burrow or itchy area for 20 minutes. This ends up burning and killing and egg which may be in that area. They say at 120* the mites die. I only spot treated this way after burrows we’re gone but did this on the bumps and spots still visible when they got itchy. 

    You have a way to go but it sounds like your on the right track. The permethrin alone won’t kill them you need to continually clean your bedding etc as well.  At one point I even put all the cushions from our couch in garbage bags for a week as the mites won’t live off a body for more than 3 days. 

    Keep up the fight. I was lucky and they were gone within a month with no further spots, burrows or infestation. 

    Good luck. Your on the right track tho. Just add the deep deep cleaning. 

    Report
    • Posted

      Thank you sooo much. It sounds like I just have to keep looking for those tunnels and I have not seen any since treatment. Its just a nasty rash that appeared in a new area.

      Report
    • Posted

      Feelingrose mentions to clean bedding, etc. which is absolutely true if you think you still have mites. However, if you think you have mites, then the other comments about it "just itching" are not valid.

      The bleach bath works. It's too bad the moderator stripped out the URLs I gave. At any rate, if you think you still have scabies, and especially if you feel them crawling on you, Google bleach bath for scabies and start reading - it's what finally turned it for me.  

      Report
  • Posted

    You can buy 10% grade permethrin on amazon. Way cheaper than going to the doctor. It's way more effective. 

    Get some lotion, as it dries out your skin. 

    You're welcome. 

    Report
  • Posted

    I just wanted to report back that I was not reinfected. My advice to everyone is to see a dermatologist. I went to a top derm last week and found out I was suffering from Hives. I'll report back again in 2 weeks.

    Report
  • Posted

    After trying everything and spending tons of money and buying a new bed, etc. The fastest cheapest thing worked for me. You could literally see them come out of your skin.  I bought Kosher Sea Salt and ground it fine, mixed it with about 5 drops tea tree oil and just enough pure Isopropyl Alcohol to make a paste. spread it on leave it on.  It works! You can also make a bath with the sea salt and about ten drops of the tea tree oil and go under to get your hair, ears, etc.
    Report
  • Posted

    I got treated on 05/2/18 and retreated on 05/09/17 with Permethrim cream %5. I was also very itchy and have eczema as well. So, my doctor prescribed me Triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% that helped immensely with the itching and my bumps have gone down a lot. However I noticed this bump on the inside of my hand, specifically my thumb... I know I’ve read that bumps are to occur after the last treatment. This is my first time with scabies...
    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up