After quitting HRT, it's been two weeks and I've had occasional spotting. Is this normal? I'm 65.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was on HRT

pellet insertion for 8 months. I felt good but had periodic spotting and bleeding even after taking twice the dosage of progesterone. I finally gave up on the HRT and now after two weeks I've had occasional spotting but not daily. I feel very fatigued going off the hormones. Has anyone else felt this way or had this happen?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Suzan

I wonder why you stopped the HRT.  Were you warned to expect occasional spotting.  I'd monitor the spotting and if it continues then have it checked out.  I can't comment on the tiredness.  I wonder if your sleeping pattern has been affected after coming off HRT.  All the best.  Lyn

• Posted

hi can any one put my comments so all ladies can see,sorry i am not that clever on thisĀ  also to you all i have never had a bleed or spotting in all the years i have been on hrt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.