After surgery complication

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Just been to an appointment with an urologist discussing hydrocele surgery. The urologist is willing to go for a surgery but warned me about the risk related to bleeding and infection. Ultrasound pictures shows a lot of fluid around the right testicle. The testicle is just fine.  I really feel uncomfortable with the hydrocele and I would like to have a surgery.  They have scheduled a surgery in 12 weeks’ time but the information given puts me a strange situation. To go or not to go for the surgery given the risks? Post surgery bleeding in scrotum scares me a lot.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Go have the surgery.  It will only grow larger and become more uncomfortable if you do not.  I was 66 years old when I had mine done 7 months ago.  There was bleeding in the area for a few days after surgery, but it each hour brought less.  I was on a codiene pill for the pain for 2 days.  The codiene was constipating, and I took ibuprophen after that.  Ice is your best friend.  It reduced the swelling and worked with both the codiene and the ibuprophen to handle the pain.  My stitches were removed in 3 days.  I had no other issues.  I kept the area supported for about a week.  I was walking 3 miles a day a week later.  You will have some swelling for a while afterward.  My swelling disappeared after three months.  My testacle had scar tissue that I could feel, but it did not pain or was it inconvenient.  I resumed all functions after 10 days, with some care at first, but then gradually with out any concern for that area after some time.  Again, Ice is your friend, and good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Bill,

Just wondering if having a hydrocele had any impact on your fertility? Any problem having kids with hydrocele? I am going for op in a few weeks and unexplained infertility at the moment.

Thank you

• Posted

Some updates guys. Sorry for the late update. In order to speed up the process the transferred me to another clinic where they do hydrocele surgeries on daily basis. I have a surgery appointment on 1.st of April 2016, 07:30. I hope they will offer general anesthesia. According to the information and forms I have received there is no information on eating post surgery. Any experience on eating post hydrocele surgery?
    • Posted

Is it normal to hear a sloshing sound in your scrotom the first few days after surgery?

• Posted

john075, I really can't answer your question.  Between the pain, pain medication, packing around the wound, and an overall discomfort for 72 hrs. after surgery, I can't remember if there was sloshing or not.  My operation was about 8 months ago, and today I cannot remember havin or not having sloshing.
    • Posted

Ty also is it normal for the sack to swell to 2-3 times regular size and be completely bruised along the opposite side? It's been 4 days since the surgery and the pain and discomfort hasn't lessened a whole lot, neither has the swelling.
    • Posted

Also about how long after the surgery till your scrotom returned to normal size.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.