Posted , 18 users are following.

just looking for numbers

how old were you when you got LS/had your first symptom of LS?

how old were you when you were diagnosed with LS?

me: 25 & 31

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

49 years old. It took about 8 weeks for a diagnosis. It was a dermatologist that figured it out.

• Posted

52 and a total of 12 showing different people the 12th person at the GUM clinic knew immediately. Took 8 months to be diagnosed and even paying private I didnt get diagnosed correctly.

• Posted

Around 13, diagnosed at 22. I am now 54 and still hanging in there but it has been a roller coaster.

• Posted

I was 42 and diagnosed by a GP .... I started to get symptoms after coming off the pill when I was around 36. Another GP misdiagnosed me and just gave me aqueous cream before the final diagnosis which made things worse.I was referred to a gynaecologist after issues with the steroid creams but now have no monitoring at all except my own.

• Posted

I've had it all my life, diagnosis wasnt until I was 18 though.

• Posted

I think I had it starting when I was 48 but wasn't diagnosed until 58 when damage was apparent.

• Posted

Diagnosed at 58, shortly after symptoms began. I am now 59. It's been a year and not under control yet.

• Posted

hi, i was diagnosed in my 60s and am 73 now. it has only been only in the past 3 years that i have become quite damaged down under.

• Posted

hi, i was 22 when i was diagnosed. im 25 now, still haven't had any major issues or symptoms yet.

i was diagnosed after my pap smear check up and my doc found the skin down there to be a bit lighter than usual.

biopsy confirmed it was LS

• Posted

I have had it since I was at least 17, with long periods of remission. I was diagnosed at 29.

• Posted

My daughter had symptoms at age 4 and was diagnosed at age 5.

I had mild night time itchiness at age 40 and a sudden onset of symptoms (my first flare) at age 42.

• Posted

Hi, I was 51 although looking back I now see that I had symptoms of LS ten years earlier but I just didn't connect it to LS at the time as I had no idea LS existed even though I was diagnosed with Oral Lichen planus years earlier, no one mentioned that there was a 'sister' illness called Lichen Sclerosus.

I just thought I would mention here that I am starting a Transpersonal Crystal Healing course which is going to keep me very busy, but obviously if I pick up any nuggets of information that can help any of us with our LS I will let you all know. I recently had a spiritual awakening through meditation and I am now going through the Kundalini ascension/awakening process which I believe is going to enable me to heal many people.

I am excited, and so I wont be posting on here quite as much as I used to do but I will stay in contact for sure. x

• Posted

That's fascinating Guppy. Yes, keep us apprised. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.