Age doesnt give you the right to talk down

Posted , 23 users are following.

I am posting this as I am now fed up with the amount i have been talked down to and insulted on this site.

Just because Im 20 doesnt mean I do not know what im talking about, it also doesnt give members the right to insult me or treat me like a child.

Quite frankily I know feel like I cannot say something without being judged, this site is supposed to be helpful when in fact I am actually finding it a lot more upsetting.

4 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So sorry you've been made to feel this way.  We are all in the same boat regardless of age.  I hope you do stick around, because we need you!  
  • Posted

Hi Sarah,

Sorry your upset!! I hope I haven't said anything to make you upset..I mostly read posts on this site I don't really respond to them...most of the time there's already like 20 comments...I I feel my is not really needed...and I try to stick with questions that I have personally been through...I have a very bad memory and don't know if I've responded to anything you have posted...if I have and upset you I apologize!! I hope that you stay strong and know that I and most everyone here cares about you!

Good luck!! Stay strong and don't leave!! Your personal experiences could really help someone!!

Danielle

• Posted

Haha im not sure you have ever spoken to me before now so no haha, its not you.

I hope you are doing well though xxx

• Posted

okay,

I am throwing something in this discussion ....

it is the planets !!!! seriously - 5 planets are in retrograde and one of the is mercury - lots of communication issues, miscommunication eek, overly sensitive and reactive - 

so there - no need to worry because : THIS TOO SHALL PASS

as always,

big warm hug to all

renee

p.s. - all said in respect for y'all and love from my heart 

• Posted

Haha I dont think I was being overly sensative haha

But maybe you are right about the planets

• Posted

Very interesting.That explains my problems!!

Have been experiencing untypical communication problems in recent days.

Getting really frustrated with this situation to the point of being unusually tearful.

When will it pass? Can I set a good date for sorting things out?

Hope things are improving for you with the bursitis.

Joyx

• Posted

Hi all,

I have deleted the other discussion this is about and will PM users later.

One again if anything is posted that causes offence or I need to be aware of please do NOT reply but report the initial post to me to save discussions like this and the other one turning into an argument.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thankyou.

I do not intend this thread to become an argument, i just wanted to express my feelings and how we all need to be more sensative to one another rather than jumping to conclusions or deeply upsetting one another

• Posted

Thank you for posting this. We value so much your input and it would be very sad if you left the forum. It's  such a shame that some pre op people do not ask all their relevant questions to their surgeons and/or GP before posting questions here. The doctors and their staff should be the first port of call for individual issues as they are aware of the circumstances for the surgery needed. We are individuals but also our hip replacements are individual too. Some people feel more pain than others and that's a simple fact. I needed pain relief every 2 hours for post op pain. 

Im sure I am one of many sending you our support as you have been through such a lot of surgery at such a young age and value your support for others. Ignore those silly minorities x

• Posted

Sarah - I am so sorry you are upset, it is important especially given the history that you do not feel the need to leave. You have so much to give this forum, and one comment from one user in the whole world, when ALL the others are so kind and caring, you will lose more than you will gain, and this is not the way a forum should be conducted. We need to be robust but careful with ourselves on the internet, even on our lovely forum.

If I were you I would give more consideration to whom you respond to - do not respond to anyone whom you feel makes you feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable. If you follow this pathway then it becomes easy to avoid anything unpleasant. You do not need to reply to everyone. No one expects you to. 

You are such a brave soul, and you are certainly not judged by anyone that you care about on here.

So promise me now, you will not leave and you will not be drawn again. You are a young and strong woman, and have just come through a HUGE operation, so you should be feeling proud and strong.  You certainly do not need to feel intimidated or worried about anyone or anything, especially not here where you will always find love and support, but just be mindful who to reply to.

• Posted

Hi sarah - such a shame you have been made to feel this way - no one has the right to cause anyone to have these feelings , worries or upset . You just carry on doing what you are doing and proudly hold your head high :-D

Xx

• Posted

Don't let it eat at you. The way I handle ( or do my best to ) these things so it doesn't stay with me and stew on it. If there is a problem that you did not create, return to sender. Give that back to them to own, it will lighten your load. You didn't do anything wrong, but don't let anyone who did take up space in your mind, they aren't worth it.
  • Posted

Please don't give up Sarah, your young, yes, but you have been through so much more than a lot of us have, keep being strong.xx
    • Posted

You are right and at this particular moment in time I have to be stronger than ever to try and beat the discrimination and lack of equality and unhelpfulness been thrown at me xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.