Agony through stress

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone can any help? I have woken up today with awful pain under my belly button and nausea,  pain in stomach and don't know how to remove the pain.  Can stress do this? What can people suggest I do that they've found has worked for them? Apart from having medication switched over and over and put on antidepressants rather than anti anxiety medication can any suggest any else please? Thanks people and hope your day is better than mine! 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Stress definitely seems to trigger my IBS, and one of the main causes of pain in my lower abdomen is constipation from the stress-related IBS.  If I take a full dose of Miralax every day for a few days, it cleans me out and helps with the pain.  I would give that a try and see if it helps.  
    • Posted

Miralax is a gentle stool softener.  I didn't realize my stomach pains were from constipation because I was having stools, albeit small, thin ones.  My doctor suggested trying the Miralax and sure enough after two days I was cleaned out and no more pain.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.