Ahem... sex

Posted , 19 users are following.

Ok, I'm just going to put this out there. With all these debilitating symptoms we are all going through, crippling joint pain, emotional issues and family committments, does anyone actually ever feel like sex?

4 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Brave question!

From a 44 year young gal, it's up and down.... I have 2 teenagers and I'd say I'm more interested the last few months compared to the last 10 years!

My 30's were zero natural interest, more like conjugal duty for hubbie. Last few months I must say, I feel more frisky, but again it's up and down and definitely cycle related. I would say that looking back to my 30's and young active children demanding attention, that lifestyle and family commitments pretty much take over any "romantic" bedroom thoughts.

Now I'm in my 40's and kids becoming more independent (16 and 14) and feeling happy with state of life (except for perimenopause issues), I'm definitely enjoying a re surge in libido. Hubbie very happy....

Sydneymum

• Posted

Have not had sex for 13 years but still with partner and i don't blinkin miss it either i recently weighed myself thinking i must be at least 20 stone but surprised i was 19st 4pound.

Asked partner what did he think i weighed he said 23 stone !! so i immediately decided DIET! cut out bread butter, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, ice cream.

3 weeks on feeling better in myself but i am dieting for my health not for vanity or to be rolling around the bed which is what i think he thinks i want.. 

• Posted

10 years without, he's never in the mood, and i would like to every now and again but....i bring it up but he never says anything except i hear ya....so i have quit bringing it up
  • Posted

Sure do! When I'm ovulating I get in the mood and when I'm about to come on, the urge for sex hits me strong sometimes.
    • Posted

You mentioned ovulating. I recall that's when I used to be in the mood. Wonder since I most likely don't and haven't really for some time, if that is what is going on. Enjoy it Sharcerv, hope it never changes for you! wink
    • Posted

I don't want to give the impression that my husband and I are constantly at it but it seems lately we've been more inclined to wanting it. Just prior to this, yes, there was a long absence of sex. We both have health issues and then there is the kids but when the mood hits us we do try to take advantage of it.
  • Posted

Nopecry and it's been some time.

Could absolutely care less about that one since my major worries are my lack of control and feel like I'm losing my ever loving mind with the extreme mood swings. Adding some weight on (and not even eating more)didn't help at all-hard to feel in the mood when the body feels so bloated. Ughhhh..........make this over soon! lol! 

Funny you ask this question.  Years ago when I was a vibrant young lady, my mother made a statement about not giving a darn whether she ever (in her words) involved herself with another man(parents divorced after 30+ years). I remember thinking "how pitiful for her".

Dear God, now I understand it, reluctantly. sad Difference is, I'm married to a very a nice man.

• Posted

I have been thinking about that lately myself. I couldn't understand why some of the older ladies in my family didn't want to marry again after their husbands passed on when I was young, but now I completely get it!

I've been married for 30 years, and if anything happened to my husband, God forbid, I wouldn't be interested in finding another man.

I just don't have that drive anymore.

• Posted

Dizzy, hot flashes, headache, etc. that is the last thing on my mind. One good day, and if my drive kicks in I will drive that car. For now, my hormones need to balance out. Hubby can just lay next to me an hold me until the spinning stops. uggg.
    • Posted

Hahaha-love it- so glad to know that I'm not alone in this thinking. Love how you mention the spinning eggs. Sometimes, I feel like everything is spinning right out of control. But this one is so low on my list as well! cheesygrin

• Edited

Glad it's not just me.  How on earth can anyone feel sexy when just moving hurts, plus the bloated feeling, weight gain, homicidal moods and after 35 years, boredom.  It's way down my list of priorities!  In response to Annie, I recall a similar conversation my mother and aunt were having many years ago.  I overheard them talking about "relations" and my aunt said "I shut up shop a long time ago".  I really didn't understand what they were saying but when I think back now I understand. She would have only been around 40 then so probably same issues.  
  • Posted

I used to have a very good sex life, and now no.

fortunately I have a very understanding husband.

think I may try some horny goat weed from health food shop. 😃

• Posted

No. No interest. I look in the mirror and I see an old shrivelling lumpy body. The thought of actually doing anything sexual makes me laugh. You must be joking! The vertigo would kick in, the UTIs would increase and I would probably feel nauseous, lose my balance and fall out of bed. (Anything more adventurous than the missionary position is not a physical possibility anyhows) Poor man wouldn't know where to look. In any case men of my age are, well, my age. Old and lumpy.  For those of you still doing it - keep on trucking as long as you can!
  • Posted

AusWinnie - I think if you read some of the discussion threads on here, namely those about our detailed symptoms of Periods and Constipation in particuar, you will understand NOTHING will faze this bunch!!smile

Awww, my poor, wonder ol' man.  I think my constant knockbacks of 'Leave off I was asleep!' from my days of working 11hr days in our Business, have turned him into a .......Eunuch!!  Thank God we've always been able to talk, laugh, share/have separate interests, debate, discuss, or we'd be completed stuffed (pun intended!!). 

The thought that if all we had in common was rampant sex.......we'd have been divorced years ago!!

I occasionally get to feeling horny, but it just seems to be always at the wrong time:  when he's not there; while I'm cooking; out shopping!!  Timing, as they say, is everything!

I know we both miss our more, explicit moments we had in our mid-40s (best sex ever!!), but hey, we all get old, and aside from that, just because we're getting old, good ol' Mr Stress don't cut us any slack!

To be honest, as I'm starting to feel a bit more relaxed (largely due to taking some vit/min supps I think, and maybe that bioientical Progesterone Cream is actually doing something!??!), He's getting more stressed and anxious.  We have a very important time coming up in the next few months, involving property, income, where we live, our son moving out, probably one of the biggest decision-making times in our 32yrs together, so I'll make the most of the 'calm' before the 'storm' that will very definitely come our way. 

It may be a very exciting time, who knows?  Or it might just be so demanding of us that we both go into meltdown for a while, and have to pick ourselves up when we can see some light at the end of a very long tunnel??

I did actually mention the 'S' word the other day, along the lines of 'I'm such a selfish bit*h, not wanting sex. Do you still fancy it?'  (I was sorta offering something!!).  What a bloody relief when he said 'To be honest, sex is the last thing I can think of with all this sh*t I've got rolling around my head!' - what a Result! I don't have to feel guilty and he's not up to it!

Maybe one day soon we'll just ravage each other, with no thought of aches, pains, worries etc. But to be honest, I quite enjoyed a 'Quickie' without the full-blown (opps!) build-up/works.  I'd be up for that I suppose more often than I'd imagine.

I tell you what: when my memory finally goes on me, then I know its curtains.  But all the time I can remember specific 'encounters' in graphic detail with a smile on my face (and I can, believe me!), then I'm OK.

Men reckon we change as soon as they put a 'ring on it'.  I think they may be right!!

Sx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.