Ahem... sex

Posted , 19 users are following.

Ok, I'm just going to put this out there. With all these debilitating symptoms we are all going through, crippling joint pain, emotional issues and family committments, does anyone actually ever feel like sex?

4 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

At times i do miss be close and cuddling but for the past 10 years nothing plus he really was never in the mood. It a shame bc it was good way back when and it made me feel good!also it seems that hubby and i have really grow apart and he cant understand what is going on with me right now. dosent want to talk about it with me he rather just lay on the couch and say nothing-i guess after 30 years of marriage there is nothing to say or he just dosent really care what is going on me!! was kinds hoping to enjoy these "golden years" with somone but guess thats not happening!! thanks for letting me vent ladies somedays are just lonely and need to vent thanks!!
    • Posted

I am living with a man that only speaks and chats when he wants to, i know for a fact he does not care about me but funny i care about him and it`s almost 15 years now.

I find men can be very cruel but they don,t know it, all of the male species i have had the pleasure of being associated with since my mid teens up till now i have found to have an element of cruelty  and brutalness about them.

I have never married and never will and don't want to ...

I

• Posted

Er no, no and no!

The last time we had sex was a week before my hysterectomy, that was nearly 3 years ago.

Two months after my op, the weight started to go on and I felt less and less inclined to have sex. 

Then all the other symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks.

I had the hysterectomy (at 51) as I had been bleeding very heavily for a year and a half, had had fibroids removed - several times - and felt it was the best option.

My partner is very understanding, I and he have other health problems too.

We still have cuddles every day and I know he wants more but I just can't summon up the energy or enthusiasm. 

I started to take more care of what I eat and try to get some exercise (difficult as my balance is non existant due to MD) about 6 months ago.

I have been taking vitamins and minerals if I have a bad MD day (when I can't eat anything due to vertigo and vomitting) or if I feel I'm lacking in anything.

Take care

Oh, for anyone who has a partner who isn't very sympathetic, show him some of the posts on here, I showed my partner anyway, even though he understands, and he was amazed how much we have to cope with.

Keep strong

• Posted

At times I want to have sex and yes it makes me feel goiod, but I rarely have it because there are times I'm not feeling good or he is not doing good 
  • Posted

Ooo yes ! I remember sex.....! Wild gay abandon in a Ford Cortina in 1976...!!! Those memories of a far distant time keep me smiling.....'Cos I sure as heck don't feel like doing that now !!😄

My poor partner is a very patient man....,and much as I am no " Mata Hari"  we've had our moments...but post menopause...which really IS Gods little joke on us girls !! Thinking about it, rather than doing it too much these days is as good as it gets. 

Theres a lot of kisses and cuddles which sometimes turns into more....but he also is a " man of a certain age"  so much as the spirit is willing............

hey ho ! 

As long as both are happy.......keep smiling. Xxx

• Posted

Aha!  So it was you we bought our Ford Cortina from???smile Just kidding

We were always a bit too big (he 6'3" me 5'6") so couldn't imagine it being very, em, accommodating in any car, whatever size! 

But do remember a particular train journey to London Bridge (anyone remember those individual carriages??) in 1981 that was very accommodating!!

One day ladies, we might all surprise ourselves, get a surge of the little Testosterone we've got left in our tired ol' bodies, and have the night of our lives. 

Just hope there's someone else there with us to enjoy it ha, halol!

• Posted

😃....keep the faith Shaznay ! Thank the Lord for a sense of humour..💝

• Posted

Mel

I'm sure that if we don't laugh......we'd only cry, and I'm done with that mullarkey!!

Loving this discussionlol

• Posted

O me too Shaznay...the heck with all the crying ! Laughing is SO therapeutic...changes nothing, but allows perspective. My heart goes out to all the ladies past and present ( our mums, grandmothers ) who have had nobody to talk to and laugh with at this most difficult time of our lives...

Girls!  you are NOT alone...and you do NOT have to suffer in silence.....there is help out there...

Look after yourselves better than you ever have in the past. You deserve it. 

And LAUGH if you can....till your sides hurt...at least once a day at whatever does it for you....the world looks different through a smile...

Much love ladies, and take care😃

• Posted

well in short auswinnie, NO and haven't for about 3 to 4yrs now, when i look back, the urge was dwindling before that too, don't miss it at all either.
  • Posted

AusWinnie

Can I just give you a big Thank You Hug from all the ladies on this forum. 

You really knew what would get us all talking with this thread!!!!smile

Great that so many of us seem to have been right off the boil for so long:  I'm sure we all thought it was just 'Me'!!!

Thanks Again.  Be prepared for this to go off the scale with replies!!

Sx

• Posted

Thanks Shaz.  Yes I had a feeling there was a bit being left unsaid.  With all the other posts about being in such discomfort all the time I wondered if others were feeling that intimacy was taking a back seat as it is with me.  My other half is a lot older than me but he still acts like a bloody teenager!  I have never heard him say he's not up for it (pardon).  We sleep in separate rooms because I am a light sleeper so we made a deal to have an "assignation" once a week.  I couldn't care less and it's only for him but most of the time I just can't summon up the energy or enthusiasm so it tends to end up being once every 4 to 6 weeks if that, and then I am glad it's over till next time.  Wish it was different.
    • Posted

You are a better woman than me AusWinnie. I can't muster enough energy or intererst in this now. Not sure how much longer the mister will be understanding about this, quite frankly not sure how much longer I'll be understanding, myself.

This just freaks me out a bit. I wish I could muster some interest..........I've tried and yikes.......I really dislike this temporary part of me.........never would have thought this would be me. It's stuff like this that makes me feel like an alien in my own body, I swear!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.