Air bubble in vagina feeling

Posted , 38 users are following.

hello,

for the past week ive had this sensation like an air bubble is trapped at the entrance to my vaginal canal. moving around and squirming doesn't seem to help. I can't get relief from this feeling. I went to the gynecologist. my swabs were negative for STD yeast and BV. I was worried about a fistula or prolapse but after doing an internal exam my doctor said neither one of those was the problem. she referred me back to a pelvic floor physical therapist. I was in PT two years ago for high tone pelvic floor dysfunction. I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt this way? has treatment been successful for anyone? I'm having a hard time trusting my doctor... if she didn't find anything what else could this feeling be?? it's causing me great anxiety and driving me a little nuts.. I can't get comfortable and it's causing me to lose sleep. help!!

1 like, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

was there ever a resolution to this issue? if it was nerve related were they able to resolve? my wife has had this issue for years, she has been to several doctors and hasn't had much success. the pelvic floor therapist made some headway but wasn't able to resolve this issue yet. they were able to find some trigger points that needed to be released and that helped but wasn't the cause of the bubbles. im sure at this point tension is an over arching issue but there has to be a root cause that no one seems able to find.

i have heard everyones story through my wife unfortunately and it doesnt seem that doctors know what this is nor are they willing to dig a bit deeper to help. i want my wife to feel comfortable so she can enjoy herself, but she cant find relief and this has now weighed on her for so long shes breaking down...i feel helpless and wish there was more i can do.

searching for some answers anywhere and hoping someone has a success story to share.

appreciate your comments

• Posted

Finally I find people with an issue similar to what I have. I have been having that feeling of air bubble getting trapped in my V . This happens whenever I walk and sit. I started having the issue after having my second baby my guess is I wasn't stitched up well. I also feel asif I am open down there, mostly walk with my legs squeezed together. I am only 26 and my first is almost 6 and 2nd will be turning 1 soon. I went to see a gynae at 3 months pp and he told me s**t about whenever you have multiple birth you V expands and doesn't go to it's original shape/size. In third world countries some women have more than 5 kids all vaginal do they all walk around with for lack of better words loose V's. I went ahead to ask my mom since she had all the five of us vaginally she said she has never felt or experienced anything like that. Some of this gynae's don't listen the last one I saw said I should see a psychologist because it's all in my head, I have never been that humiliated in life. He went ahead to say if I have $1000 they can do a cosmetic surgery, that told me he definetely knew I have an issue. I am planning to go see another one end of this month because I can't continue living this, I'm only 26 for crying out loud

• Posted

new to this platform i found when googling my issue. I am having this same issue of this bubble sensation. in my 30s 1 daughter no issues. i did have a leep at the start of this year but no issues. 2 weeks ago i started bleeding and figured it was a ruptured ovarian cyst as ive had them in the past. but ever since then i have been in pain and have had this bubble sensation like its stuck in my V. nothing helps. stitz baths or any way i sit or move does not help. went to ER they said bartholian gland cyst. i did not agree. followed up with my OB and she didnt agree either but she didnt know what else it could be and told me im stressed or maybe constipated. im not. i felt so belittled and was so happy to see this forum and that i am not crazy. vaginal health and std panel all came back normal. internal ultrasound showed "14mm avascular hypoechoic structure posterior to the bladder and in the region of the vagina" ob says i dont need more imaging but this has me worried. this sensation is maddening! following for more comments and suggestions of treatments/releif

• Posted

I'm a mom of a 5 year old little girl that, since she was 3, has complained of EXACTLY what you ladies are experiencing. We've brought it up over and over with her pediatrician. She hasn't really gotten any answers. Tonight she actually said she would rather unalive herself than continue to feel this way. As a mother, hearing that is both immensely sad and absolutely terrifying. I'm determined to find answers. I hope we can work together and figure this out.

• Posted

i am so glad i found this forumn. I am 22 for context. I went to pee today in my uni bathroom and when i zipped back up, I had the most annoying trapped bubble feeling. Its now 6 hours and it usually goes away but now its not. Its making me need the bathroom more than usual and ive tried squatting, prodding, everything. Please help

• Posted

Hey chloe, i have the similar sensation has it gone away?

• Posted

help! i'm going through this right now. after two years...have you felt that sensation again?

• Posted

Hi I just turned 50 years old, and i am in the same boat as the rest of you ladies. This feeling of having a trapped air bubble is absolutely maddening! There surely has to be a reason this is happening to us. I have tried squirming around, walking, urinating - and nothing helps to relieve it! I was thinking maybe its the pudendal nerve, but is it even possible for a nerve to give this type of sensation?? I have been having so many strange symptoms lately due to perimenopause and I feel like people must think im crazy when i tell them these things im feeling. Please - if any of you find a solution, kindly come back here to update, and I will do the same. I feel so helpless and hopeless lately. Its very disheartening when you have ailments that even the doctors dont understand. Im praying for relief for all of us.

• Posted

michel43369

hbt

Posted a moment ago

The last time i was on this site was about a year ago. I wanted to post something that i recently read and feel like it is helping me and i hope it will help someone else. It sounds weird, but, I read how when a female is sitting on the toilet, she should never blow her nose. This puts way too much pressure on our female organs which are in position where there isn't much support. Goggle it! I never knew this! I was surprised how much i would reach for paper to blow my nose. I have stopped doing this and my bubbles are getting better each day and almost gone. Hope this helps! I know how aweful and stressful they are.

• Posted

The last time i was on this site was about a year ago. I wanted to post something that i recently read and feel like it is helping me and i hope it will help someone else. It sounds weird, but, I read how when a female is sitting on the toilet, she should never blow her nose. This puts way too much pressure on our female organs which are in position where there isn't much support. Goggle it! I never knew this! I was surprised how much i would reach for paper to blow my nose. I have stopped doing this and my bubbles are getting better each day and almost gone. Hope this helps! I know how aweful and stressful they are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.