Airheels any good?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone out there tried Aircast airheels for their PF. I'm a bit wary of spending more money on my PF and these could cost in the region of over £35 and it's not the best looking thing to wear so has to go under trousers but I'm getting desperate (and overweight because of no walking).

Ann

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi AnnB

How much is £35 in US dollars? I've been wanting to see about those aircast things too. I need to be walking on air...something that won't sink like memory foam. They have to look better than a cut down croc that I've been wearing. 

• Posted

Hello ladyjack51

£35 is more or less $59.50. If you look on line under Aircast Airheel you will get several retailers more so in the US and probably cheaper. You can also see what they look like. I've heard good and bad things about them, the offputting bit is that the air eventually goes down and after forking out £35 it's a bit of a hefty price. I'm still thinking about it though, especially if I could get them for, say, under £25.

• Posted

And thank you AnnB. for your reply. I saw them at varying prices on Amazon so maybe somewhere in the middle will get me a good quality. Yall talk about high heels....I could care less about heels or how it looks....I would just be so grateful to be able to get around again!  
    • Posted

Hello Ladyjack51, I found that if the heel of the shoe was quite flat then I felt more pain in my heel. It became obvious to me that if the heal of the shoe was about 2 inches high then the front of my foot would take the weight off the heel and so less pain. That's not to say that I wasn't in any pain at all, just slightly less so than wearing shorter heels, why don't you try it around the home for a few minutes just to see if it works with you, you never know.

On another note I would like to tell everyone that I have just purchased on ebay an airheel which should arrive in a few days. I will let you know how I get on, hopefully they won't let me down. 

• Posted

You are probably right about the low heel...I just don't have any!! Lol I read about something called FitFlops as well that have a thick sole and alot of PF patients swear by them. I saw just the sandals on Amazon but if u go to the website they have clogs, boots, and alot more. I am going to order and aircast boot and also one of these and see which or if both help. I have the problem of that left foot being very wide from swelling so it's very hard for me to find anything. I will tell yall this...I have been on oral steroids and an antibiotic for 3 days now and the raw tender pain is gone for now. I still feel like I'm walking on a rock if I go flat but in my Crocs I don't feel that very strong. So I am thanking God for just that little bit of ease He has given me. There are times when I almost don't wanna go on. And reading what yall post helps give me info and some hope. Anyway....I'm thinking an oral steroid can help a bit instead of the needle too huh? I've 3 days left of them. We'll see then 
    • Posted

Hi ladyjack51

I looked up fitflops and they look good but I would need to try them on first before purchasing. I've also heard that crocs are really good for PF, my hairdresser told me that they eased her foot pain quite considerably and also nurses in America wear them so if they're good enough for them then they must be good.

• Posted

Yes, I have on Crocs now and the FitFlops are supposed to be similar to them but with more support. We'll see. I still have to cut down that left Croc bc of the swelling so I'm always looking for ideas. 
  • Posted

They were the best for me.. I tried a smorgasbord of anything I could rill air heals wil silicone on sole and arches...custom plastic arches all on line..

I have boxes and boxes of things I tried . Now I finally walk with no pain for 3 years.. I can not go barefoot it starts up the the pain and swelling..

• Posted

Hiya hope4cure

Did you buy airheels in the UK and are they all the same? Did they last long ie how long before the air goes down? Like you I cannot go barefoot and I have now found I cannot wear low heeled shoes but can persevere for a little while on 2 inch heels.

• Posted

They appear to have them on Amazon....several different kinds. I'm going to buy some myself. Walking on air is the only thing that makes sense to me so I am hopeful that these will allow me to walk again. Thank you Lord!
    • Posted

I am in the US.  The theory is basically the same I would think. To keep pressure of the spurs  and tear in the tendon in the heel. I did do that and it not a issue any more.

i suffered for several years before I experimented around enough to figure out how to keep the pressure off the soles of my feet that were extremely tender. 

• Posted

Hello Ann, I use aircast airheels.  I had really bad PF.  Doctor was no help.  Osteopath, sports physiotherapist, acupuncture (agony), heel inserts no help either.   in desperation trawled internet and found airheels    They are expensive and it is difficult to see what you are getting for your money.  Howeve, the first few steps I took after putting them on were bliss for me.  They are not pretty but as I wear either trainers or walking shoes and trousers all the time I am able to cope with the lack of fashion.  Sometimes I hide them under my socks.  I do not have to wear them all the time now but always take them with me when away from home just in case.  If you do decide to give them a try I really hope they work for you.  I cannot guarantee that they will but just explain how they have been a lifeline for me.  Good luck!
  • Posted

I bought mine in the UK. Have had mine over 6 years and there is still air in the sacs. I have ankle pain from time to time and find they help with that too.   Have started wearing them when cycling to help with ankle pain.  Good luck!
    • Posted

Hi Katlin, many thanks for your information. Can you tell me which ones you bought as many reviewers say that the 'sac' soon went down so yours must be something quite special. I do hope those that are reading this will find some comfort in your letter and try it for themselves and that many will respond with appreciative results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.