Alcohol

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can't stop drinking lately, it helps at the time shame it's not a long term solution! 😞 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi don dons 

I done exactly the same thing and used alcohol so escape from the way I was feeling I just started having about 3 or 4 can of lager in the evenings then a few months down the line I was drinking double that then after a while I was drinking in the daytime as well and this went on for about 6 months then I was waking up in the mornings with a craving for drink so it wasn't long before I was drinking from morning till night. I ended up losing my home my driving licence and my job and had to live in a caravan in my mums garden, I had no money so was stealing booze from shops every day. One day I thought iv got to stop this but just couldn't do it be realised that I had turned into an alcoholic. It's a very slippery slope it just get worse and is so hard to stop. I now go to Alcoholics Anonymous and have not had a drink for six years now and I know that I can never drink again. Please be careful and don't end up like me, depression and anxiety is bad enough but having a drink problem as well is a complete nightmare believe me. I really don't want this to happen to you. There are a hell of a lot of people in AA that suffer with depression and was just using booze to give them a bit off relief and it seemed a good idea at the time but it just makes things so much worse in the end. Please don't think that I am saying you are an alcoholic but after what I have been through and the stories I hear at AA meetings it worries me that the same thing could happen to you. Sorry it's a bit of a negative message but I'm just being honest to you 

• Posted

Your message was not negative it was supportive. Thank you for sharing with us and congratulations on your drink free life.

It must have been hard work but you achieved. Well done xx

• Posted

Thank you michael x

I'm sorry to hear your story and glad things are better for you now but I honestly don't think I'm in the same situation as you once were, I just drink because I want to I guess because it helps but I have 5 children I could never let drink control my life or become too addicted as I am too busy looking after the children and wouldn't drink/get drunk in front of them x

• Posted

You get drunk when your kids are at school and when they,are in bed.

What happens if they wake frightened and come to you nd you are drunk, that would frughten the children xx

• Posted

Ok that's a good point but I've had an experience before, few years back when one of my daughters had woken up poorly through the night and had to be taken to hospital, I was fine then, had no depression but I was out with friends and drunk at the time but the situation almost instantly sobered me, so I think if something was to happen it'd be the same? X 
    • Posted

You really are indenial.

I have given you places where you can get

help but I know you wont try.

Its sad because no one can help you until you admit you have,a problem.

Why come in here,ask for advice with no

Intention of following the advice given.

We are here to help people and support them also.

So why come in here?

Maybe I am the bad guy but some one has to be.

• Posted

If the children wake in the night and you are drunk it will frighten them.

Is that what you want? X

• Posted

I don't think you're the bad guy at all, I'm sorry If I've offended you, I know you're are trying to help and I do appreciate that.

I just don't think I have a problem, I didnt ask for help with drinking I just wrote a silly statement, I'm not the best at saying things the way I mean them to come across, I honestly didn't mean to sound rude or dismissive but you're right! I shouldn't have written what I did I'm sorry x 

• Posted

If you ever need help or want to talk we are all here for you.

I hope that gives you comfort and reassurance. You are mot alone.

Promise to remember this please.

Big hug from me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.